Calories Cycling??

lforner46
lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
Does this work with the "eat to lose" philiosophy. I averaged out my calories for the last two weeks.

I ate: 1646 calories

Exercise: 2 days a week of hard core circuit training 60 minutes.
Cardio: Stairstepper once a week
Walking: 30 minutes 5 days a week.

So, my exercise calories average 350 per day

Leaves me a net of 1290 calories.

At this rate I am only losing 2 lbs per month.

Any suggestions??

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Hi there,

Consistency is really recommended here. Check out the vids sticky to link to a video on consistency.

Also, if you are netting only 1200 and some calories, you are probably netting below your BMR which is not recommended here either.

I would encourage you to read through all of the sticky threads here for more info.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Hi there,

Consistency is really recommended here. Check out the vids sticky to link to a video on consistency.

Also, if you are netting only 1200 and some calories, you are probably netting below your BMR which is not recommended here either.

I would encourage you to read through all of the sticky threads here for more info.
    great advice!!!
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi there,

Thanks - I did look up that link and it made sense about being consistent. I am very consistent and I am consistently losing 2 lbs per month. I may add outdoor cycling 3 times a week and up my calories for a month and see what happens.