Tips for those New to ChaLean Extreme

Options
Pipsg1rl
Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
What tips would you offer someone just starting ChaLean Extreme?

I would tell them to definately print out the Calendar and Workbooks.

Replies

• mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree that they should print out the calendar and workout sheets! They are easier to keep track than the book. Find other people who are doing CLX and ask questions and ask for advice along the way. I have someone in a support group who has been so helpful since she is a few weeks ahead. She always prepares me for what to expect at each phase. And finally--don't be afraid to really commit. That is the only way you will see results!
  • Code2fornow
    Code2fornow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ah yay! I could really use these tips!!
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Don't worry about burning high amounts of calories. You won't do that with this work out but you will build muscle and the more muscle you have the more calories you burn at rest. Who doesn't want to be able to burn a ton of calories while relaxing on the couch?
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Make sure to take starting measurements. I almost didn't do it. At the end of Burn I didn't think there had been that much if a change in my body. I took my measurements again and was thrilled to find out I'd lost so many inches overall. That was extremely motivating.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Make sure to take starting measurements. I almost didn't do it. At the end of Burn I didn't think there had been that much if a change in my body. I took my measurements again and was thrilled to find out I'd lost so many inches overall. That was extremely motivating.

I agree. Mine would be with the photos. I wasn't going to take pictures and decided "ah, what the heck!"

I LOVE to see the change in my body and know it isn't just "in my mind." And now I'm even more motivated to see how much more I can change my body.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Im considering buying this program as I really want to focus more on toning to lose the last 10lbs, and I just have a few questions.

Currently I only have 5lb dumbells at home. What other equipment do I need (if any) to properly complete the program? If possible, I would be more interested in using resistance bands rather than weights. Is the one included in the package suitable to achieve realistic results? And if not, what exactly do I need to buy?

Many thanks :bigsmile:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Im considering buying this program as I really want to focus more on toning to lose the last 10lbs, and I just have a few questions.

Currently I only have 5lb dumbells at home. What other equipment do I need (if any) to properly complete the program? If possible, I would be more interested in using resistance bands rather than weights. Is the one included in the package suitable to achieve realistic results? And if not, what exactly do I need to buy?

Many thanks :bigsmile:

The object of this program is to push yourself. 5lbs might last you the first month.
    I recommend an adjustable weight set but not the SelecTechs since they are freakin' expensive!!

The Band included is not bad, but if you can find a good set with varying lengths/ strengths, you may want to invest. Plus I thought it was a pain in the butt to tie and untie the band. (she has you put it around your legs for some exercises while you lift at the same time)

I started with the band but prefer "iron." So in month 2 I got some weights at Target (I thought they were 50lbs total set, but I think they might only be 25lbs). it was 2 weights for $70.

GL! i loved this program :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    So are there cheaper adjustable dunbells?
  • danavaden2012
    danavaden2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree that they should print out the calendar and workout sheets! They are easier to keep track than the book.

I am starting July 2nd. Are there online versions of the calendar and workout sheets that can be printed? Where can I find them? Are you supposed to record your weight used/reps, like with P90X, and is there a sheet for that? I didn't see one in my kit. So excited to get started!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    So are there cheaper adjustable dunbells?

you just have to search for them. Try amazon. SelecTechs are pretty high IMO, but you do get a lot of weight.

Mine were only $70 for 2 adjustable in a set and they were great for me.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Definitely agree that they should print out the calendar and workout sheets! They are easier to keep track than the book.

I am starting July 2nd. Are there online versions of the calendar and workout sheets that can be printed? Where can I find them? Are you supposed to record your weight used/reps, like with P90X, and is there a sheet for that? I didn't see one in my kit. So excited to get started!

Not sure where it is in the book, but I like to have something to write on, so I googled "ChaLean Calendar" and found some links with the calendar and workout book.

You definately want to write down your reps/weights so you can increase!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    What make were the dumbbells
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I am 2 weeks into this program. So far so good-- I appreciate the comment about it not burning a lot of calories-- I've been doing some additional cardio. I have 25, 20, 15, 10, 8, 5 lb sets of dumb bells and so far that has been enough! I'd love to buy the select type if anyone can recommend a reasonably priced brand!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    What make were the dumbbells

The brand is ProForma. They came on a kinda cheapy grey holder, but i put them away on the floor and then when I needed them i put them on top of a fold away tray table.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Thanks. That's great.