Energy. I haz it.

Options
Okay, so I've always been fairly active but somewhat overweight. I lost 20+ lbs. on a VLCD over four months (BTW, is that considered a long enough period to damage your metabolism?), then plateaued and had no energy and looked a little emaciated, blah blah....I've been doing EM2WL for about 5-6 weeks - eating between 1,900-2,100 calories a day, focusing more on protein. No loss, but no real gain in BF% or scale weight. My clothes still fit, although I have fat days and skinny days (usually dependent on salt consumption and strength training the day before!).

The only other change is that I'm eating even more whole food than I already was - more berries and apples and veggies and eggs and nuts and yogurt - and next to no processed food.

But this has GOT to be working. Last week, I did nothing but run around like a crazy person doing errands for my sister's wedding last Saturday. The old me would have needed a nap by early afternoon, but I was on the go from 6:30 a.m. - 11 p.m. every day and felt great. Then, last night, I went to a concert at the waterfront in my city. I used to get so tired at concerts because standing for that long made me ache and want to take a load off. Not so now - I stood for 3+ hours, biked home, and still couldn't sit still.

I really would like to get my BF down to the low 20s (currently 27%) and my weight below 150 (currently 153-156), and I'd like to know what size I will "settle in" at so I can buy some new clothes without worrying they won't fit in two months (I went from a 12 to a 10 to an 8 to a sometimes 4 or 6!!!), but...it's really nice to make the connection between my energy levels and my diet. It's motivating even when I don't see much in the way of physical change!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hey busy busy busy lady...if you want your bf down...are you willing to give up a little of the cardio and hit the weights harder? You build lean muscle mass, it will burn off the fat. All the cardio helps eats away at muscle for energy after you have depleted your glucose/glycogen stores...

A good fat blasting routine 3 days heavy lifting for an hour and 2 days 30 min HIIT training.. and since you are close to goal, think about eating maintenance while doing this...the extra cals may help you put on a little muscle mass which will in turn help you burn off the fat layers...