Stephen King's It remake

Options
BrendarB
BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
So just heard that they are remaking It.
I'm a little torn - I LOVED Tim Curry as Pennywise

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I heard about this remake too and I'm also torn. Tim Curry still terrifies me as Pennywise and I think it would be hard to find a replacement. I'll be watching as the remake unfolds for sure.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    This saddens me, so I had to look it up to see the truth in it myself. Remaking It and Pet Sematary, really sad day, seeing as these are my 2 fav books and movies of King's. Of course I will have to see the cast and naturally the movie when it is out. <SIGH>
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I thought It was terrible especially the ending so imo they couldnt do much worse. Pet Cemetary was ok dont see a need to remake it
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I thought Pet Sematary was the worst of all of the crappy movie productions of SK books (not that they're all bad, but quite a few of them are huge disappointments). I thought "It" was alright, but it would be interesting to see a remake.
  • wrathofophelia
    Options
    I'm excited to hear this is being remade. As I'm reading it right now, I can't help but think how much better the made for tv movie could have been (if it didn't have to labor under the restrictions of being made for tv). I'm hoping the remake is darker, more disturbing and twisted, delving farther into Derry's dark past. I'm on pins and needles :)

Tim Curry was the best thing about the original movie.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I think they need to stop doing so many remakes and come up with some new idea's for movies.