Best Nutrients to track to maximise weight loss

Options
polza1888
polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
What do you guys track the most in order to maximise your weight loss? At the moment I'm tracking

Carbs
Sat Fat
Protein
Fiber
Sodium

What would you recommend?

Replies

• rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    What do you guys track the most in order to maximise your weight loss? At the moment I'm tracking

Carbs
    Sat Fat
    Protein
    Fiber
    Sodium

What would you recommend?

Everyone tracks different things, but this is what I track carbs, fat, protein, fiber. And I have my macros set at 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat.

I know you track/log sat fat, but if you lower you fat to 30% or lower then you usually don't have to worry about the sat fat being too high. But I wouldn't lower my fat below 20% because your body needs some fats to help with processing fat soluable vitamins and what not.
  • polza1888
    Options
    I put in all the stats that scooby advised, so 30% protein, 50% Carb and 20% fat

Still getting used to all this, bit of a nightmare trying to keep educated on it all
  • rotnkat
    Options
    I put in all the stats that scooby advised, so 30% protein, 50% Carb and 20% fat

Still getting used to all this, bit of a nightmare trying to keep educated on it all

That's okay we're here to help. Most people here use the 40/30/30, but it's totally up to you how you want to set it up. On scooby's website you can change the macros to your liking too.

I like having the 30% fat and protein because it has helped my skin clear up & nails are not splitting like they used to & my hair is not coming out in clumps any more!!!!!

Also this may be a bit more than you want to hear, but my hormones have leveled out. So no more crazy red headed lady!!!!! :drinker:
  • polza1888
    Options
    Thanks for the information - I changed my ratio over. Is there anything else you would recommend?
  • sisdunbar
    sisdunbar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I set mine by doing the Jillian Michaels oxidizer test. This will determine whether you are a balanced, slow or fast oxidizer. Lots of interesting info too. Go to http://www.healthalkaline.com/WinningByLosingChap7.pdf. I am a balanced oxidizer by the way which is 30% protein, 40%carbs and 30% fat.
  • polza1888
    Options
    I set mine by doing the Jillian Michaels oxidizer test. This will determine whether you are a balanced, slow or fast oxidizer. Lots of interesting info too. Go to http://www.healthalkaline.com/WinningByLosingChap7.pdf. I am a balanced oxidizer by the way which is 30% protein, 40%carbs and 30% fat.

Had a wee look at that pdf, looks an interesting read. I'll give it a proper read after work. How are you getting on with the Eat More to Weigh Less
  • rotnkat
    Options
    Thanks for the information - I changed my ratio over. Is there anything else you would recommend?

Don't stress out if you don't hit your macros spot on! Just do the best that you can do and enjoy life. After all em2lw gives you the tools to do just that. :drinker: