She's herding cats!

Options
Hi. Great idea starting this group--thanks. I don't typically join groups, have been using MFP since the end of January and have found the tools enough to support my efforts to get fit again. Didn't even bother putting up a profile or photo since I was using the site to do my own thing.
It seems we skeptics often rely on our own devices/thoughts/efforts/etc rather than look to groups for guidance, so starting up something like this is a bit like trying to herd cats. Kudos to you for trying it!
There's a lot of crap out there re. the "right" foods/diets/exercise programs--another reason for me to have no interest in joining a typical group. But a place here for skeptics? Cool!

Cheers,
madbrewer

Replies

• minxonastick
    Options
    @madbrewer:

Heh, it is a bit that, isn't it? Interestingly, skepticism never comes easy for me. I have a streak of wishful thinking and a love of quick fixes that makes me chase bad information, particularly when it comes to losing weight. I thought this group would provide a focused place for those of us who resist that chase, but it would also be a way to keep me grounded and smart.

I hope to post some conversation starters shortly, but thank you for joining!
  • madbrewer
    madbrewer Posts: 10
    Options
    Minx on a Stick--

So here we are, skeptics trying to make sense of this weight thing. For me, it's not entirely about weight loss but is also about weight happiness--my term--for being happy at where one is along her/his goal. For me, weighing in each week is a measure of what i've done over the week. That's a good measure for me.

I exercise intensely but intermittently, and I indulge in glorious foods intermittently (and always vegetarian), w/ exercise 4-5 days per week and veg always.

I'm a/n:
    vegetarian
    scientist
    skeptic
    active person
    active writer
    hiker

who loves where I live, which is in the mountains.

These are the things that keep me healthy and sane.