what are your macro percentages?

Options
sleepytexan
sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
Hello all,

I've started trying Primal this past week, and I am going for 50-100 carbs a day--I started easing down the first couple days and have met that goal for the past 5 days (well, ok, I got 105 yesterday, but it's because I had a mandatory meeting that served burritos at dinner time, ugh). I am curious how your big 3 macro percentages balance out.

I'm hitting about 30% protein, 50% fat and 20% carbs.

I'm not finding it as hard as I thought I would--although i do see that it is more of a challenge to make my calories without carbs! I haven't felt any difference in energy levels yet; we'll see. I have a very busy schedule and mostly I'm still tired, ha! I may not be doing it perfectly, but I think it's a pretty good push.

One thing interesting, my scale stayed exactly the same for 5 consecutive days this week--that has never happened before. I started to think it was broken, but it went up by .2 today; I guess it was the burrito--ha.

If you are so inclined, I'd welcome input on the diary too.

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'm not restricting carbs but I'm going for 40/30/30 carbs protein fat. I tend to hit on average 30/35/35 though so its close enough
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am 15/35/50 Carb/Protein/Fat
  • chelll224
    chelll224 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 15/30/55 carbs, protein, fat
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I do same macros as OP; fats are focused on Omega 3s, animal fats, and coconut oil. Carbs are mostly vegetables, protein from animal/fish/poultry products and eggs.

Re your diary ... have you considered doing a Whole30 or Robb Wolf's 30 day challenge? Might get you over the hump of using Starbucks syrup, soy milk, and protein powders? Noticed you seem to love the pumpkin spice haha! Have you considered making your own? While it's LoadeD with sugar, at least there's no milk and "flavors". Maybe you could gradually develop a reduced sugar version?

Compare homemade:
    Pumpkin Spice Syrup
    (makes 1 1/2 cups syrup)
    1 cup water
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 tsp ground cloves
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
    2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix--use canned or fresh steamed pumpkin and use rest for muffins!)

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Over low heat, bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to keep the sugar from burning.
    Simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved and the pumpkin is fully mixed into the syrup. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to an airtight container. Refrigerate and use within 3 weeks. Use 1 tsp to 1 tbsp per cup.
    or http://www.cooklikeachampionblog.com/2010/09/pumpkin-spice-syrup-for-pumpkin-spice.html

... to Starbucks version:
    sugar, condensed nonfat milk, sweet condensed nonfat milk, annatto (a colorant), natural and artificial flavors, and caramel coloring.

Notice there's really nothing 'pumpkin' in the Starbucks formula.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

Notice there's really nothing 'pumpkin' in the Starbucks formula.

You are absolutely right. But it's so delicious. ha. Is it really a problem when I'm still keeping sugar so low? I mean, I did only have 39 gr. sugar today out of 2545 calories!