Longing For.....

Options
ackeebee
ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
What are you Jamaicans living abroad missing? What are the must haves to bring back with you from your Jamaica trip?

Right now 2 juicy beef patty and piece a jerk pork would do me well.

I wonder if i am the only one who bring back grace corned beef, vienna sausage and tin makerel? Not only does the ones here in the UK look and taste different, the price man! Saw a tin of grace bully beef for 3 quid......it also annoys me that i can't find small tins here. Keep seeing grace halal bully beef as well.....so confused. Nothing beats the good ole stuff straight from yard.

Replies

• JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I hear ya mama. Whenever I go, I always bring back the juci-beef patties. Fresh/roasted breadfruit; ackee & coffee for my friends/family. I can get all those things here in the states but likeyou said-It JUST DOES NOT TASTE the same!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    I can't recall every bringing back roast breadfruit. i am not a fan really. Likewise i don't really fool round ackee. If it is mango season i always bring back a few. Next time i think i will also bring back a piece of yellow yam.

Of course white rum is also a must....
  • ackeebee
    Options
    ??? how everyone so quiet?
  • JamCubeChi
    Options
    hey there! still here--struggling with the weight!!! lol. How u do?:smile:
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    longing for a GOOD plantain tart. but those things are like crack to me :cry:
  • ackeebee
    Options
    i am fine guys......

i would eat a juicy beef patty and coco bread or a calalloo loaf now
  • JamCubeChi
    Options
    Some nice ackee & saltfish made with the real country coconut oil and some nice turn breadfruit with a cup of cocoa tea!!!:smile:
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol, that sounds delicious and i dont even eat ackee
  • sanaroph
    sanaroph Posts: 16
    Options
    longing for a GOOD plantain tart. but those things are like crack to me :cry:

boal.. plantain tart!

Naseberry, cherries, sweetssop and soursop.. The fruit I cant get here is what I miss. We have callaloo from the garden starting to come up.. may make a callaloo loaf one day :)
  • JamCubeChi
    Options
    Calallo loaf-you gotta send me that recipe-my sone is a vegitarian and loves callaloo
  • sanaroph
    sanaroph Posts: 16
    Options
    Calallo loaf-you gotta send me that recipe-my sone is a vegitarian and loves callaloo

It is not like a meatloaf with callaloo? I have a friend with a patty shop and they make it there.. I can ask them for the recipe. As for me? I am in carb rehab so was going to fashion the 'loaf'' with some fritata kinda ting
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I want a danish from Sugar and Spice...and I live here lol
  • ackeebee
    Options
    longing for some devon stout ice cream. would also settle for some grape nut or good ole rum and raisin. the rum and raisin they sell here is missing the rum!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    i wouldn't mind some manish water right now. the good ole manish water you get at a dead yard
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 chicken patties in the last 5 days. Been going through a phase with them lol.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    a nice big julie mango
  • ackeebee
    Options
    it's saturday and i am dreaming of some chicken foot soup. would love some right now
  • ackeebee
    Options
    i feel so horrible lol. i seem to be the only one always thinking about and craving some good ole jamaican grub.

today i would love some stew peas with pigs tail and trotters. *licks fingers*
  • JamCubeChi
    Options
    No luv, you are not the only one here with the cravings. Everything you've mentioned sounds like a go and then some.....liver & green bananas; kidney and green bananas, curry mutton, ox-tail & beans, tripe and beans, stew peas; beef soup with nuff pumpkin, red peas soup, then of course there is the ackee and codfish, callallo and cod fish, fish of any kind-stemed, fried, roast...... oh lawd how me miss mi yard!!!!
  • JamCubeChi
    Options
    I think you need a trip home luv-betta start planning one.:laugh: