Clean eating and calories

Options
Journalartista
Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
Hi all,

I have been struggling with getting enough calories while clean eating. Do you think calories matter if what your putting in you body is whole? Today I have decided to try and eat 110g of protein daily, but it's hard when what I normally eat satisfies me.
I've opened my diary, just ignore y cheat meal yesterday. ;)

Btw, I am 209lbs and exercise daily.
Thanks for your thoughts!

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Of course it does. Not enough fuel is not enough fuel, no matter what you're eating.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    How do you struggle to get in calories? Going UNDER your calories is not really good regardless of how you're eating. You must provide your body with energy. And don't call it a cheat meal. You're allowed to live life. And sometimes a boost in calories can get your metabolism going :-) I follow a mostly clean style of eating - I get around 1650-1800 calories a day, I'm 181.8bs as of this morning... showed a loss almost every morning this past week. Yesterday was an extreme sodium day and I had about half as much water as I normally drink, so that's my reason for being up .6 this morning (I'm sticking to that!).
  • HealthyNFit4Life
    HealthyNFit4Life Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Try having more protein in addition to your protein shakes. It doesn't look like you eat much protein from food. I don't know if you're a vegetarian, but try throwing some lean meat in there. You can try beans and quinoa for protein and maybe eat more nuts and maybe some more fruit.
  • seapard
    seapard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of my protein cals from local pastured full-fat cheeses and homemade greek yogurt from local pastured 2% milk. Ooh, eggs, too.