Body Media Fit - first 3 days!

emgel9
emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
Hey all,

I know a lot of people have been trying the Body Media Fit and I just got mine so I thought I would post the results. I am SHOCKED at how much it says I am burning...I actually am having a hard time believing it. The first day, when I walked a lot (I live in a city) and worked out it said I burned 2900 calories! the second day it said I burned 2500 calories, and today (at only 5:30 pm) it has me at 2400 calories burned! (although I ran a 10k this am). I have only been eating 1800 calories/day so now I am thinking I am DEFINITELY under eating!

It seems that between my working out and walking all around the city I burn a LOT more than I thought during the day. I also sleep way less than I thought.

This is really interesting, I'll keep you all posted!

I also found that I got a much more accurate caloric burn register on my elliptical when I put the BMF on my left calf.

such a fun new toy!

Replies

• Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    I think we have been wearing it for about the same time I have had mine since Tuesday but didn't wear it for a whole day until Wednesday. I am pleasantly shocked about my activity it says on my workout days I burn about 2500 and on non work out days it is a little over 1900 I am eating 1800 so not to off but think I may need to go about about 100 calories. I just love knowing how much I burn during work outs and having the piece of mind that I am eating at the right number.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Isn't it great. Once you're a week in, a month in etc you can do a report and get your average. My average is over 3000. Craziness!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Love my BMF too!!! I've had mine for a year and a half and I feel like I know so much about how and what I need to function :) I also learned that I burned way more than I thought. Without exercise I burn 2200 calories a day!! I was only eating 1500 at the time. No wonder I was at a plateau for 3 months. I was starving myself. I've been able to maintain my weight for a a year now and I know alot is owed to everything I learned while wearing my BMF daily over the last year and EATING more :D