Aldi Australia

Options
Anyone know of any great food calorie choices at Aldi? Particularly snacks?

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    My few Aldi regular buys.

From the freezer. oriental selection stir fry veg packet serves 5 @ 26 calories per serve. I have been know to cook the whole packet for myself. But great with a bit of tofu (i'm vegetarian) and soya sauce. Not exactly a snack but a quick meal. There is also a western selection stir fry veg which is just as good.
    I like the cheese and biscuit (lite) snack pack from the fridge but its about 200 calories. good though as an emergency grab.
    Another snack I keep on hand is carrots chopped up and in a clip seal bag. I do rounds not sticks, looks like cheezels :laugh:
    I also prefer the Aldi truss tomatoes they seem to be tastier then woolies. (maybe my imagination).
    The mandarins from there are also good at the moment.
    Their free range eggs are good and I try to keep a couple of hard boiled eggs in the fridge as a quick snack.

Will let you know if I remember anything else.

there is also a topic on here somewhere titled 88 snacks under 100 calories. that may help you with some ideas.

jenni
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I get the rice snacks, think they are called Be Lite Rice Snacks. They are like the Japanese rice crisps. I thinks it's about 120cal for 50gm. I also get their rice cakes, great with avocado and tuna for lunch.
  • stacester
    stacester Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks this helps, its amazing how you can walk past the products & not think of using them till someone points them out to you. :-)
  • shirellp
    shirellp Posts: 12
    Options
    I got their corn and rice thins today. U can have four of them for around 112 calories. I had two this arv with peanut butter for a post work out snack, total calories including peanut butter 187, very filling. U could choose a lower calorie topping and they would be a bit healthier, although I keep hearing how peanut butter is a good fat.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Their Almonds (in the 30g packs) are brilliant snacks.