What Would You Do?

zukkiz
zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
I finished Stage 1 of NROLFW yesterday and feel great. I have several options in front of me.

1. Do AMRAP next week MWF, (just do Friday as an extra AMRAP day), rest the following week, then start Stage 2.

2. Rest next week, then start Stage 2 the following week.

3. Do something similar but on the rest weeks do different types if exercises.

My biggest question however is since I am going to do my cut in a week, what do I do calorie wise on my rest week?

Replies

• zukkiz
    I'm being pathetic and bumping my own thread.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I would go with option 1.
  • I am a complete newbie to this process BUT....what if you ate at TDEE during your rest week? You'd be maintaining so you wouldn't be stressing your body while you rested up....just a thought.
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    I am a complete newbie to this process BUT....what if you ate at TDEE during your rest week? You'd be maintaining so you wouldn't be stressing your body while you rested up....just a thought.

Doing a diet/rest break at the same time for a week is a great way to get you started on the right foot for your cut if you are up for it! :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    I finished Stage 1 of NROLFW yesterday and feel great. I have several options in front of me.

1. Do AMRAP next week MWF, (just do Friday as an extra AMRAP day), rest the following week, then start Stage 2.

2. Rest next week, then start Stage 2 the following week.

3. Do something similar but on the rest weeks do different types if exercises.

My biggest question however is since I am going to do my cut in a week, what do I do calorie wise on my rest week?

Well we are in the same boat, I am on rest week from the cathe sts program and I will do a couple light zumba clsses, stretching and eating nom nom...tdee.

Don't know what amrap is, but think you shoulf bread from lifting and do a little light cardio and stretching and enjoy tdee.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    AMRAP is a NROLW thing. After Stage one you do a couple workouts that are the same as stage 1 but instead of using your highest weight, you use the weight you started with and do AMRAP (as many reps as possible).
  • zukkiz
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this.

I think I will do the AMRAP (sorry, I forget that not everyone knows this acronym) next week. Then on my rest week do some P90X Yoga and P90 Fat Burner and enjoy TDEE. Then I will start my cut when I start stage 2.
  • zukkiz
    Nope I am not doing AMRAP, I changed my mind. I am listening to my body and it says NO!