Coconut oil?

Options
embclark
embclark Posts: 186 Member
I read it on here before and now can't find it...

Someone stated that if you buy coconut oil to make sure it is _______. I can't remember though! Was it "virgin"? Was it "organic"?

Help please!

Replies

• brooke800
    brooke800 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Virgin coconut oil!
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    If you are in canada I got mine at SuperStore in the organics isle, almost missed it as it was way up on the top shelf but was so happy to find it at an easy location and reasonably priced :)
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Mine is Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil... ha! As long as its Virgin, you're safe. I found it online @ costco too. A bit better price. :bigsmile:
  • imagine76960306
    Options
    I tried so hard to get coconut oil into my daily diet but just can't stomach it :( Tried eating it by the spoon and almost gagged, tried putting it in my coffee and just couldn't handle the layer of swirly oil on top, I tried cooking with it, which is 'okay', but always leaves the coconut flavor and most dishes I make clash with the taste of coconut. How does everyone else ingest it? I'd love some ideas..On a side note I put it in my hair and I was AMAZED at the results.
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to put it in my coffee, or eat it straight! :noway: Even cooking with it, seems greasy because I'm not used to having any fat in my diet.

What I have been doing... is mixing it (like butter & sugar) with my protein powder, then mixing that in my oats, or oatbran... LOVE it! tastes similar to cookie dough to me. :wink:
    However, I am now not able to eat protein powder, so I'm mixing it into the dry ingredients (cereals) and that works real well. Also use it lightly instead of butter on my tortilla wrap. Some put it in their hot cereal, mix it in & then put your other flavorings in. If you are tasting too much of a coconut taste, you should get the more expensive brand, it doesn't taste.

I also use it under my chin, to brush my teeth, & have been using it for deodorant too. Its pretty amazing stuff!
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I put it in my coffee, but have to add a little creamer to it in order to be able to actually drink it. :D

I also use it on my daughters KP, and its the only thing that's ever worked for it. Also for my sons eczema on his hands! :D Best stuff ever!
  • Gerry_Lane
    Gerry_Lane Posts: 27
    Options
    Virgin and unrefined....it is less likely to go rancid and will also be better for your digestive tract....remember also that it is a liquid at 76 degrees....so it is a solid on your shef in cooler days and a liquid if your house warms up to 76 or above....either is fine for cooking