I must be mad?

Options
Flab2fitfi
Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
I did my first day of C25k yesterday. I treated myself to a new pair of running shoes and a good sports bra.

I weigh 227 lbs so quite a big girl and quite unfit so took my son with me who runs for his school.

Well I had a few problems with the app working and my hrm but I managed it. At first i could not jog even ten seconds but each interval i pushed myself a little harder - doing 50 sec was amazing but on the last one i pushed myself and did the whole minute ( it was such a great feeling and a total buzz). Though at the moment my jogging is slower than my walking but that will get better.

The best bit is that I'm asthmatic but did not need my inhaler.

I've woke up this morning aching all over - especially my legs and the only thing i can think is that i hop that I don't ache as much tomorrow as I want to do day 2.

Replies

• mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Fantastic ! Well done on taking the most difficult step, getting started!
    Everything will feel like it's impossible at the start but as your fitness grows so will your confidence and before you know it you will be posting your graduation message :)

A good warmup & cooldown with some stretching will help with the soreness & I found that a short brisk walk in between run days was also good for the muscles.
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Brilliant going, pushing yourself during the runs is really satisfying,
    I downloaded a podcast from coolrunning.com which gives a bit of
    instruction and support which i feel helps loads.
    I also run REALLY slowly, I don't care, I'm on W3D2 and plan to
    work on my speed after I've finished the programme so not worrying
    about that yet.
    I agree that a good walk in the inbetween days def helps with the pain.
    Good luck with tomorrow
    Nicola x
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just redid W1D2 this morning so I am right there with our OP but when look down and realize you just did a 15 minute mile it will feel AMAZING! I know its not too fast but it was better than anything I have done. So feel free to redo days and take your time with this. We are right there with ya :-)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I do lots of walking most days so hopefully that will keep things moving.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    keep going!! You are doing great!! there will be days when u feel like u are not making much progress or even going backward. But don't stop!! That high u experienced just gets better and better :) The soreness will fade!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Options
    Did a kettle Bell workout yesterday and woke up with no pain. Looking forward to week 1 day 2 tonight. I've decided I'm going to keep doing week one till I can run all of the 1 mins intervals.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hey Well done and congratulations on starting C25K,:drinker: I started back in November on C25K had to take a break through December due to a injury then started back in January. Walking in between days does help although walking today for me is hurting slightly as I did 14K yesterday.
    Im a really slow runner and still carry a lot of weight, if I can do it anyone can ! I did have an ice bath yesterday after my run which i believe has really helped in my recovery, Keep at it and good luck :drinker:
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The first few days are the hardest. I woke up and could barely move the next day after W1D1- it gets better. I just completed W2D3 today. My legs are still sore, but not like they were. using a track or a treadmill is also easier than just "outside". I started using our indoor track at our rec center- makes it a lot easier on me while I build up my endurance.