New to this, but not..... just a few quick questions

Options
sicchi
sicchi Posts: 189 Member
Hi everyone, I'm Rachael. I have been on Atkins for about 10 weeks and have had little or no results. The little results being my hair and skin look great and my body felt better but I actually think I have gained (pants are tight)It is hard to tell as I have been training my butt off. Anyways, I have had enough of the strict diet torture that gets me no where. I am not overweight but my BMI is 24.1 and would like it to be 21-22 (about 10 pounds). Maybe this was why atkins would not work for me??So.... I have decided to take the clean approach as alot of atkins is just that anyway (meat, full fat dairy, heaps of salad and vegies, healthy oils, berries, nuts ect...). Have not had sugar in nearly 3 months and no refined carbs or wholegrains either (just flax & almond meal). Could you answer a few questions for me please?

- are splenda sachets (obviously in moderation) ok for coffee?
- cream of milk in coffee?
- what sort of ratio should you aim for in terms of fat/protein/carbs?

any help would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• konswela
    konswela Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Rachael. I have been on Atkins for about 10 weeks and have had little or no results. The little results being my hair and skin look great and my body felt better but I actually think I have gained (pants are tight)It is hard to tell as I have been training my butt off. Anyways, I have had enough of the strict diet torture that gets me no where. I am not overweight but my BMI is 24.1 and would like it to be 21-22 (about 10 pounds). Maybe this was why atkins would not work for me??So.... I have decided to take the clean approach as alot of atkins is just that anyway (meat, full fat dairy, heaps of salad and vegies, healthy oils, berries, nuts ect...). Have not had sugar in nearly 3 months and no refined carbs or wholegrains either (just flax & almond meal). Could you answer a few questions for me please?

- are splenda sachets (obviously in moderation) ok for coffee?
    - cream of milk in coffee?
    - what sort of ratio should you aim for in terms of fat/protein/carbs?

any help would be great! Thanks!

ditch the splenda an opt for stevia... splenda is not clean
    umm not to sure about the cream
    Fat-30 Protein- 30 Carbs- 40
  • seapard
    seapard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    For cream -- just make sure it's the organic pastured (read: cows that ate grass their whole lives) stuff.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Stevia is cleaner than Splenda, by a lot, but that doesn't mean a Splenda packet every once in a blue moon is the worst thing you can do.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks.... yeah if desperate I have half a splenda but natvia is a natural substitute (like stevia). I had my firt soy latte yesterday. Yum! I am adapting really well to this way of eating..... atkins is similar, except now my fat intake is alot lower and carbs high. Real food though both ways. Oh and I found these muffins on 'the gracious pantry' site, they are delish!

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-kiwi-muffins/