struggling, emotions and stress. any tips anyone!

Options
caring4cath
caring4cath Posts: 19 Member
Wondering how you are all doing out there? Sometimes, the stress and emotions of my everyday life, just seems to get the better of me. Wondering if I am alone, thinking I am not.
Hoping you all out there, might have tips to try. I believe we can learn lots of helpful stuff from each other.
Sometimes the journey is long and has many twists, turns and hills. So please lets enc ourage and support each other
where we can.
Looking forward to hearing from many of you great people.

Replies

• Casey8
    Casey8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am the same I am still finding something to replace my 'Comfort food' but at the moment I keep reminding myself why I want to loose weight and I keep thinking what everyone will say once I have lost weight. I hold onto all the times that people have said "wow you have lost weight" and remind myself that it can be done. It is really hard but it is slowly getting easier :)
  • nstratton_1
    nstratton_1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Journaling helps me process my emotions... but honestly, I first turn to my health coach or personal friends who are supportive. I talk through what I'm feeling and try to figure out what is causing me to want to eat. I try to think ahead and plan what to do in situations I know will be difficult. I'm an emotional eater...I need input from others because self-talk isn't always enough to get me out of whatever emotion is causing me to want to eat.

Sometimes the situation is so bad, that the one thing I can control is the food I eat and the exercise I do. The food plan became a stress-reliever and lifeline for me...giving me satisfaction in being "On Plan".

Helping others (replying to others' blog questions, going into chat rooms, being encouraging to others even when I'm not feeling so encouraged) is also a great way to handle tough times. ...sometimes its so tough I have a hard time changing the focus from myself to others, but its always a good thing when I can successfully do that.

Also, at least for me, numbers are a great motivator. So, I'll take the info from MyFitnessPal and create a spreadsheet to look for: correlation between net calories and weight lost/gained; or calculate the percent of body weight I've lost so far, or calculate my percent of progress toward goal, etc. Instead of just casually looking at the reports out of MFP, I work with the detail data.

Good luck!