Netting just above BMR

ProjectTae
ProjectTae Posts: 434 Member
So I noticed that on my heavy work out days which is about 5 days out of a 7 day week (I have a moderate workout day every 2-3 days) I net just above my BMR, LIKE 70-100 calories above. I was just wondering if it is okay to net so close or even at BMR?

Replies

• bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    On my workout days I net right at my BMR. So far so good, I am unsure if I need more fuel or not at this point. I am still fine-tuning.

If you feel you need to eat a bit more after crazy workouts I can't see how that would be a problem.
  • ProjectTae
    Thanks! I work out at night and usually shower and go straight to bed so, I never feel hungry etc... But I'm feeling fine so far.
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    As long as you NET above BMR, you are on the right track. However, something to think about though is this...how active were you during the day in excess of your entered workout? If you find that you are consistently netting just your BMR and never having much of a buffer and you are an active person in your regular day to day activities, you may still be actually stressing your body a little more than required which could hamper your results. A couple of days a week like that is no big deal, but if it's everyday then you may want to consider bumping up your calorie intake a 100 or so to give you a bit of buffer for those every day activites that you do once you get out of bed.
  • ProjectTae
    As long as you NET above BMR, you are on the right track. However, something to think about though is this...how active were you during the day in excess of your entered workout? If you find that you are consistently netting just your BMR and never having much of a buffer and you are an active person in your regular day to day activities, you may still be actually stressing your body a little more than required which could hamper your results. A couple of days a week like that is no big deal, but if it's everyday then you may want to consider bumping up your calorie intake a 100 or so to give you a bit of buffer for those every day activites that you do once you get out of bed.

I see! thanks :)