A little frustrated!

Options
Hey fellow group members! I feel bad for posting such a complain-y post but I feel like I just need some mental support and you guys are all great to talk to.

The past few weekends of weighing in have been a real letdown for me. I'm not sure if this is because of upping my calories (to TDEE -15%), working out new muscles, general water retention, or what! Not really looking to solve it, because I know the "gain" my scale is reporting (about 3 lbs) is probably a lie - I feel great and I'm pretty sure I've lost fat even if nothing else says so. Next weekend is measurement time, so at least if the scale is still off I should be able to double-check what's going on!

Some days it's just really irritating to feel like your hard work isn't paying off. I wish there could be more definite answers. Guessing my TDEE and hoping for the best makes me feel insecure, but I know in the long run this is the best choice out of all of them. Just gotta keep in mind that being healthy is the big picture. :) Here's to another day in the journey. Hope you guys are doing well in yours!

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    ((((hugs))))

Sorry you're having a crappy time of things. Your right 'tho, "being healthy IS the big picture". This phase we have to go through is only for a short time in our lives, but it's a kind of trial by fire mentally. I don't know how many weeks you've done, but pretty soon you'll see a downward trend. Hard work always pays off, if you haven't taken pictures yet, do it now. I saw a set of pictures of a gal within ONE pound of the same weight: skinny fat,some muscle tone, and smokin' hawt!
    I'm only 3 weeks into it and weigh in on Tuesday. Last week I only gained 0.6, and other report gains of 7-10 pounds in a week, so I won't complain (yet).
    Hope the tape measure gives you a better picture!

Best wishes in your journey!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Greetings !!! Yep ... Been there, felt all that ..! : )

How many weeks since upped cals ? Sounds like a few? Scary stuff , but it's good stuff. But you know what leaped out at me ? I FEEL GREAT. yea.

Guessing at your TDEE .... Feels like a crapshoot doesnt it ?

Let me share a bit ....

I've calculated mine every which way but loose. Being accurate with activity is key. We tend to UNDERestimate. I've used several, but like the one at Scoobysworkshop.com. I've worn a BodyBogg and a FitBit. Honestly, pretty dead on for me with the calculator calcs. 2200ish on average.

Weight gain. For me, it isn't real if it isn't fat. If u are not eating over your TDEE and/ or in a coma (and it's difficult to eat over TDEE in a coma) ..... U have not gained any fat. So...chill out on the scale. Bloat is normal when upping cals. Body is adjusting. Drinking plenty of water and brewed green tea is helpful.

I just did two weeks at TDEE for a break. Felt. Bloated fat mess entire 2nd week. Up 6 on the scale. After 2 weeks at 15% deficit, the 6 are gone plus .8. I'd been stalled for a while so ...yea!! I intend to do a break every 6 weeks. See???? Not fat. Water. Wasnt real. Knew it wasnt. Keeping my metabolism happy and healthy is my goal.

It's all good !!!!!