My first NSV!

emgel9
emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
So a few weeks ago I decided to ignore my scale for a month and several people jumped on board with me! But, I was positive I wouldn't notice anything positive until I could jump back on that scale on June 30. Well...yesterday I ran a 10k race that I had run for the first time two years ago. The first time I ran it I. wanted. to. die. I was exhausted, felt awful, and wasn't sure I would see the finish line. Since then I have run several races and a few half marathons...but I never went back to that 10k. WELL, yesterday I felt GREAT the whole race! I beat my time from two years ago by 5 minutes and felt in GREAT shape (as opposed to someone who would have to be dragged off the finish line) and it really hit me how long it really can take to alter your fitness level. This is def my first NSV!!!

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Congratulations. That's really a great NSV :):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    What a great post! Thank you for sharing and congratulations!!
    So much more proof that fueling your body properly gives you so much more energy and health! Yeah!!
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    That's great!