Anyone else have a TDEE above 3000?

Options
gemiwing
gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
Just looking for some companionship and signs that I haven't blown a gasket or suddenly forgotten how to do Math.

You rocking the Above 3000 TDEE train? How long did it take before you believed it?

I am getting more and more active and my activity level that once was sedentary has now gone up into moderately active. I have new moosles (thanks newbie gains!) and have tons of energy to move but am still a big'un so the burns are staying high for now :D So now I am upping my cals more- because going down doesn't let me lift weights and I love picking up heavy things and putting them back down again.

Replies

• JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    If I wasnt such a lazy sod I would be about there. My TDEE is around 2400 without exercise.
  • gemiwing
    Options
    If I wasnt such a lazy sod I would be about there. My TDEE is around 2400 without exercise.

Thanks, Jade ((((HUGS)))
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Well if I input my Calibration Factor into step 9 of the Scooby calculator it says my TDEE is roughly 3200... but without it my TDEE is estimated at 2600. Right now I'm eating 2000 plus all my exercise calories (about 3500-3800/week - so averaging about 2500/day) and I"ve gained 4 lbs but my measurements haven't increased. I'm not sure I believe my TDEE is over 3000... I think I'm going to go back to a cut from 2500 after my race next weekend. I just wanted to not be at a deficit to race well.
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    My TDEE is around 3400 on workout days, so I'm with you!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Raises hand! It's not all the time, but today I will almost definitely be over 3000. Tomorrow and Wednesday too. You are not alone. :-P
  • gemiwing
    Options
    Thanks guys. It's hard some days to handle a TDEE that's that high. Means we get to eat more and that's great, yet it's where doubt and self-loathing can really come out and play in my head. Even though I know I ate closer to 3800 when I was gaining AND never moved a muscle- that evil little voice still says 'Hey fattie, you're going to get only fatter and fatter from here on out if you eat like that. Fattie fat fat fat" (yes, it does talk like a jerk middle schooler)

Not seeing any movement at 2300 so Im going back up to the higher end of my range and eating 2500+. I keep thinking I'm lightly active and that's starting to change. Lift weights for three days a week, two long walks (hour plus) a week on top of that, doing housework and cleaning... it's adding up and I have to change with it. Not easy to do when that voice in my head keeps 'warning' me.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Dont forget as well if you body has nerve damage or any other type of damage it does want to heal that. That takes times and a lot of calories.

Worst case scenerio - In working out where you need to be calorie wise if you do go over TDEE and put on weight its only going to be a small amount and will readjust when you correct for it. Its not like you will wake up the next morning twice the size and have the words "doomed forever"stamped on your forhead. That mean little voice is an idiot, dont listen.

Right through our lives we will need this skill as activity and health levels fluctuate. So even at maintenance we will still be occasionaly needing to make a new judgement on what our body needs. Being able to judge your changing calorie needs is a skill that you learn and become better at. This is something the diet industry never really addresses.

<3
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel with the evil voice thing. It's really difficult to adjust to eating more, because logically it makes sense, but that little voice still persists...
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I love picking up heavy things and putting them back down again.

Bahahaha :-D