How often do you eat?

Options
phoebej88
phoebej88 Posts: 9 Member
I have recently read 'April loses it' and she was eating from 5.30am (meals or snacks every 2-3hours) until 10.30pm.
The book says it keeps your metabolism working overnight and helps?

Any ideas/thoughts?

Replies

• devilsangel2
    devilsangel2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what suits you and your body/ lifestyle. If you like snacking and eating regularly during the day, then do it. It doesn't matter what time of day/night you eat, it's still calories in vs calories out.

Personally I do 16/8 Intermittent fasting and eat 3 meals between 1pm and 9pm - works for me, but lots of people wouldn't like not eating until 1pm. :ohwell:
  • jwoffindin
    jwoffindin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What ever works for you as devilsangel2 has said.

For me I'm on 6 small meals a day... all around 380 kcal. I've found the regular consistent meals during the day helps control my usual evening sugar cravings... I'd usually start working my way through the biscuits and the kids jelly beans about 7pm.

I think the only drawback is that it can be time consuming, you need to very careful with your calorie intake per meal, an accidental 50 extra calories per meal adds up quickly when you're supposed to be eating 42 times a week!
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Two to three meals depending on my shifts. I would not like to have lots of small meals as I think I would tend to overeat. But everyone is different and burns food energy differently.
  • jamesg2012
    jamesg2012 Posts: 25
    Options
    I eat 3 meals a day and then 3 snack meals 10, 3 and 8..I find it works well for me...:bigsmile:
  • jordyninja25
    jordyninja25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I usually eat every 3 hours (3 main meals, 2-3 snacks). I like doing it like that because it stops me from mindless/emotional eating. If it's not 3 hours from the last meal then its likely I'm emotional eating lol
  • Uglytwinsister
    Uglytwinsister Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like to eat 3 meals 5 hours apart. ( I think that is a sure slim thing i picked up from a friend) Works for me. I dont usually need snax or though some times if i get a bit stressed at work in the evenings i pick. Different strokes for different folks i quess :-)