Getting my Macros right!

himel13
himel13 Posts: 146 Member
I set my Macros as 40/30/30 (carb/prot/fat)..but I'm having trouble meeting the daily requirements.
Where I live, protein powders aren't available, and most of the calories I log in my diary are guesswork because we don't have the exact same food outlets or meals. There's some similarity to Indian meals, but most of the time, the curries I have and the ingredients used in them are nowhere to be found, so I just estimate. Under these circumstances its hard to get my Macros right!

I know I'm doing Ok with carbs, because rice is our staple food..but I've cut down on eating meat lately, so I'm a bit worried about proteins. I'm hungry a lot lately and I think maybe adding some protein to my diet would help.

Anyone have a list of good natural proteins and fats that I could try out?

Replies

• epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    For protein, I like chicken breast, quinoa, black beans, greek yogurt, eggs (or just the whites if you want to keep cals down), cottage cheese, peanut butter and almonds (the last two are great fats too). Peanut butter really is a wonderful treat, as long as you have the calorie allowance (and if you don't have it, make it!). My favorite fats are olive oil and avocado. I'm still struggling to get enough protein though, even with drinking a protein shake. It's possible to order protein powders and bars from Amazon if you can't find them locally. I have the same problem in Germany.