30's Daily - 6/11

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)

Replies

• shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Another busy weekend here! The kids had swimming on Sat morning and then it was a mad scramble getting everything ready for our company. The first person showed up an hour late (should have known considering I've known these girls 20+ years :laugh: ) so it worked out ok. We had such a lovely afternoon and the kids all had fun playing together. I ate too much, but not embarrassingly so, though the amount of sodium killed me. Think cheese plates and cured meats :drool: (seriously, no drool smiley on a dieting website???)

Yesterday I was peckish (HELLO PMS!) and went over again, and my macros were a mess.

I'm lucky today I was only up 1lb from Friday, but I suspect it will come back down quickly.

I didn't get to run Sat obviously, and yesterday morning was yoga. By the time I got back DH had to go help his parents install their AC unit, and it was hot as Hades afterwards, so I never go the run in. I could have used it! I was too lazy to even walk on the treadmill last night after the kids went to bed.

We went to the pool after my son woke from his nap for a few hours, so that was fun.

All in all a very relaxing weekend!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I am totally on board with the drool smiley!!

Finally have our pool full, functioning, and clean - now it just needs the steps put in and some sunshine to warm it up!! Last night Todd and I sat out by the pool and drank some wine. It was so nice and relaxing. I believe we've decided there needs to be more of that happening this summer.

I FINALLY made it back to the gym for lifting again yesterday - I always feel so much better mentally when I go. Physically beat up and sore, but that's okay. :wink: I'm really excited because I find that I need to add weight to most of my exercises too. Definitely getting stronger.

My diary was really bad Friday and mediocre Saturday, but I finally got it back on track Sunday. I was just flat out lazy about drinking/tracking my water the entire weekend though.

Here's to a not so Monday-ish Monday, and smooth sailing the rest of the week! :drinker:
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    A drool smiley would be great!

My weekend was a bit crazy. Didn't get to the gym Friday or Saturday. Friday ended bad food-wise with chips and chocolate and wine. Saturday was also bad since I went out to eat after my friend's daughter's ballet recital and then went to a bbq housewarming (that was an hour and a half away... lots of sitting) where I had a few beers but not too many since I had to drive home. Sunday I finally got back on track with food and exercise. It's amazing how my routine has changed and my body doesn't like it when I skip a workout (or at the very least a good walk on an "off" day) and eat junk.

Today I get to work half a day from home because something is going on with my dog. :frown: Got a vet appointment at 2:30 to see what exactly is going on. Some kind of rash/scabbing/overly dry nose thing. I love my furbaby and don't want to see anything happen to him, so I hope it turns out to be nothing serious!

Have a great Monday everyone!
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hiya gang, hope everyone has had a good day. Well today has been a bit of a struggle for yours truly. I went to a concert last night with my fiance and a friend of ours. The mighty and hugely rocking Tenacious D Watching Jack Black and Kyle Gass throw themselves around the stage was one of the most tiring experiences I've ever had. Gym sessions lately haven't left me feeling so tired. Of course the down side is we didn't get home until 1am and then i was up at 4am for work. So to put it mildly i'm beat. Have upped my calories a little today to keep me going. I spent the last few days on a mini break with my fiance. Trouble is thanks to storms that drifter over our fair isle from the atlantic it's done nothing but rain since last Thursday. I didn't get nearly as much walking in as I'd planned. But plenty of good came from our break. It gave me the opportunity to deal with my food issues. Dinner came with our hotel room and the food was of very high quality. I ordered sensibly and really enjoyed what i was eating. I siffered no guilt to speak of or any freak outs.

Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things with the gym from tomorrow onwards. Plus i'm going to start training for the 26 mile 3 peaks challenge which I'll be doing (hopefully) in September. If anyone has any advice then i'd be very interested to hear :smile:.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    The mighty and hugely rocking Tenacious D Watching Jack Black and Kyle Gass throw themselves around the stage was one of the most tiring experiences I've ever had.

^^^^^That is awesome - I'm jealous.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    The mighty and hugely rocking Tenacious D Watching Jack Black and Kyle Gass throw themselves around the stage was one of the most tiring experiences I've ever had.

^^^^^That is awesome - I'm jealous.

Oh it was sooooo awesome. Loved every second and i am now the proud owner of a very cool D T shirt. i will wear it with pride :happy: