Question about Calories on Workout/Non-workout Days

Options
epcooper
epcooper Posts: 161 Member
I know that according to the book's numbers, on days of active workouts I should eat 250 calories more than non-workout days....I don't actually remember that from the book, but I noticed it on one of the spreadsheets that was floating around. So how would I figure that into Scooby's numbers? According to Scooby, using moderately active, my BMR = 1428, TDEE = 2214, -15% = 1881. So does that mean I should eat 1881 on workout days and 1631 on non-workout days?

Replies

• jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    You could do it that way, but if you're following the calculaitons in the book, why do you need to use the scooby website?

This is how I do mine

BMI= 33.5
    BMR= 1392
    nonworkout days (1.4)= 1949 (15% less = 1656)
    workout day (1.6)= 2228 (15% less = 1894)

difference is 238 from non-workout to workout days, so it's close to the 250 that you are talking about.
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I am just staying consistent with my calories. I make them the same everyday! I started with alternating them, but just got me frustrated.
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! I think I was just getting overwhelmed with all the different numbers, and trying to continue to log my exercise calories. I think I'll just stick with one calorie goal and just not stress if I'm a little extra hungry on lifting days. :happy:
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Yeha they are two different methods

on scooby you eat the same constantly as exercise is already factored in

if you follow the book you follow what thy say and eat more on the workout days.

It just depends on what method is easier for you to follow and stick with!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Try and see what works for you! Don't stress about it too much, you can always adjust!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am just staying consistent with my calories. I make them the same everyday! I started with alternating them, but just got me frustrated.

Me too! I'm just going off the TDEE for the weight I want to be (and was before I started New Rules) which is about 2000 cals a day. New Rules only had me at 1916 for lifting days-no wonder I've been so hungry!
  • tubbs313
    tubbs313 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I log my food all day long but wait until Im done for the day to add my excercise. I found its easier to stay at the same amount of calories daily if I dont see how many calories I burned during my workout.