Cycle 1 Details & Questions

Options
2»

Replies

• Lesvel
    Lesvel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i am new to this diet i am on day 8 and only lost 2 pounds and very constipated got ant tips

2 lbs down in a week is still good! It's pretty easy to get caught up in the idea of dropping 10, 12...more lbs in a really short amout of time but not everyone does. It depends on your starting weight, if you're sticking to the plan 100%, your activity...etc. I haven't either and just sticking to it because I know if I adopt a healthy diet it will all come off, just may take some time.

Constipation could be not enough veg and/or water. Some take a fiber supplement (like Metamucil - not sure I am spelling that right) to up the fiber if necessary.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will lose loads. had a few hiccups. Didn't weigh myself before so had to presume a weight that I usually settle back into after slacking off. anyway, I'll weigh on Day 1 of cycle 2 to see how much I've lost.
  • SerenaNatasha
    Options
    bump
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Is sugar free yogurt from TCBY acceptable?

No (but the world would be a happier place if it was. lol)
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    bump
  • ashabromz
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful advice! Do you do 17 minutes of exorcise to see your results? and if so, what do you do? running? joggng?
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful advice! Do you do 17 minutes of exorcise to see your results? and if so, what do you do? running? joggng?

I did 30 minutes for cycle 1. 17 minutes didn't seem worth it to me to get changed into workout clothes! lol
  • Inglebert
    Inglebert Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys. I'm planning to start this this week, but have a couple of questions. There's no real mention of milk in the book (or have I missed it?). I have no hassle avoiding it mostly. But I really like it in coffee. Not bothered in tea. And I really like to have a cup or 2 of coffee most days (which is ok on 17dd). So - is milk 'allowed' in my 2 coffees a day? (Can't entirely see why not when I can have lots of kefir which is made from milk - I get the cultures and make my own).

I've tried once before on 17dd, and it worked well for me but 17 days was a long time when I'm catering for a family of 5 of us too (they don't like fish as much as I do, nor poultry, and I'm the only one that's overweight). This is partly why I'm going for it now, as my oh will be away for a bit over a month from the 10th.

Milk in my coffee would go a long way to making this a more comfortable and sustainable process for me!

Also, this time, I plan to log it on mfp and stick to mfp allowances too. Does this seem wise? It does to me...

Would appreciate some buddies along the way too though.
    Ta.
  • Iaccount
    Iaccount Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 1/2 pounds on cycle one. The ONE thing I refused to give up was sugar for my 3 cups ofmorning coffee, along with some vanilla coffeemate for 1 of those cups. I did cut in half the amount I used, and did not have any other sugar. Hope this helps, and the diet works!
  • star31
    Options
    I lost 7 pounds on cycle one and used creamer in my coffee every morning. I also sometimes would use sugar if I wasn't in the mood for truvia. It has a bit of an aftertaste Imo. I am of the mindset that if there are a few small "cheats " that allow you to make it through, then go ahead and do them. If you can stick 100% to the plan then you are amazing!!!
  • Inglebert
    Options
    Thanks guys. Will keep in touch with how it goes. Tomorrow is day 1. Got notified of being shortlisted for a job today. Interview in 22 days time. Any improvement is a help. Here goes!
  • Iaccount
    Iaccount Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This has been the easiest way of eating for me! I no longer look at is as a diet....just a change of eating habits. I felt great on cycle one....I had been eating alot of sugary foods. Amazingly, after 51 days, I do not have any cravings for junk food! Hang in there!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    I did milk (goat milk) with theis diet and lost great. And we drink whole milk (straight from the goats in our herd).
  • Inglebert
    Options
    When I did it for 17 days, 18 months ago, I felt fantastic, energetic, so it should be good. Just takes a bit more planning because of being chief caterer for the family.

Q. Are you only supposed to have a max of 2 eggs a day? As in, if I have 2 boiled eggs for breakfast, I shouldn't have omelette for tea? (I have no cholesterol problem so the 4 a week limit doesn't apply.)
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    2 eggs or 2 eggs whites and 1 whole egg