Updates on Progress

Options
jchrisman717
jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
So how is everyone doing so far on zig zagging? I'm anxious to see how I do on my weight in day (Wednesday), but I am mostly concerned with how I feel and inches. I think I did pretty good overall for the weekend. Friday was my lowest day and I did good on that day. Saturday was my highest day and I stayed within my calorie limits though not the healthiest of eating. Sunday I actually had a harder time staying within my calories and I went over - but not by much. Typically the weekends are my downfall. Doing the zig zag I actually think I did better then I normally would have and now back to my week days which I can do good on.

I am going to take measurements and start doing JM30 Day Shred today.

Replies

• LadyNanci
    LadyNanci Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have still not started yet. I did not have time to read a bunch of the links I wanted to nor complete a spreadsheet for helping me determine at what calorie level to start. I am looking forward though to hopefully completing that this week and then giving this a try. It is nice to have the flexibility also for those weekends.
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day is Thursday. Curious to see what happens. Ready to drop this final 30lbs!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    I have right around 30 to lose too. I don't know if that's why is been harder for me this time around and/or because of my age/hormonal state.

I do need to plan better on Mondays though - it is a lower calorie day and I only had 360 calories left for dinner last night. I went over a little - but all in all - I think I did good.

I have not started my JM yet and I really need to get going on it. I need the extra work outs to get to where I want to get.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh in until Friday but I am already down 1 lb from last friday. And that is after a long time of losing and gaining the same weight so I think this is working for me,. Also I had to up my cal goal for this plan so I thiknk I wasn't eating enough before and it was causing me to have too many cheat days. I still had a "cheat" day but don't think it was as bad as in the past. I'm going to keep doing this!!!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Started on Monday . . . had some trouble getting all my calories in on Monday. Today is a high calorie day and I really don't know how I am going to get all those healthy calories in. Already down 2lbs though (that's from Friday). I really do think this is what I needed to klick my body back into gear
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Well I certainly don't have any trouble eating those calories - lol I am down 1 pound from last week. Considering I've almost had no losses over the last 6 months - I'll take it.

I feel good - I am working out more - taking all my supplements. I have had an easier time sticking to my calorie goal - even though I've been close to top range. I am going to stick to this and give it a good 3 or 4 weeks to really work. My goal this week is to eat closer to the lower calorie goal and to eat cleaner. I had quite a few processed and fatty foods last week.
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Options
    I was up a pound today. :( same ol' same ol'. Maybe my body just needs a bit to adjust? I started a new weight lifting routine this week too so my body may just be wondering what the hell I'm doing! I will try drinking a ton of water today and weighing in again tomorrow morning as I was feeling a little bloated today as well. We'll see if that makes any difference.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Well had a very stressful day yesterday into the evening and as a result didn't eat dinner. So I still had 597 calories left for the day. Not healthy I know - but I cannot eat if I am upset - I will throw it back up. So today I will probably eat a little more than goal and then not eat as much on Saturday (my highest day) and I hope that will help even it back out. I also can't go for two days eating less than 1000 calories and today is my lowest day of the week so this is the only way I know how to kind of get back on track without feeling ill. I guess we'll see on Wednesay if this hurt my weight loss. Stress itself hurts weight loss - but what could I do - it is what it is :(
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I was up a pound today. :( same ol' same ol'. Maybe my body just needs a bit to adjust? I started a new weight lifting routine this week too so my body may just be wondering what the hell I'm doing! I will try drinking a ton of water today and weighing in again tomorrow morning as I was feeling a little bloated today as well. We'll see if that makes any difference.

That's just water weight. :smile: Working your muscles causes them to get a little inflamed while they heal and rebuild, which is why they feel sore the next day or two after the workout.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Yep - Lea's right - I lift a lot too and I think that may be why I don't see more results on the scale - but that's ok being fit and healthy is more important than the scale! Just keep it up.

Much better night last night - had all you can eat crab legs but all i had was the crab legs so I don't feel I did that bad just really not sure how to log it as I had a lot of them lol. So I think I will just continue on today and eat less than my allotted calories today.
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Options
    Thanks Lea and JChrisman! I'm still 600 cals short of my limit today (high calorie day), so I'm going to have to figure out a healthy way to eat those!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    lost 4 lbs last week- not sure if its the zig zagging or the fact that I didn't eat enough- ANY day . . . . going through some life stress right now and I go 1 of 2 ways, either eat everything in sight or don't eat barely anything- this time through it was the barely anything road (not necessarily by choice)-

So another week and another try
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    lost 4 lbs last week- not sure if its the zig zagging or the fact that I didn't eat enough- ANY day . . . . going through some life stress right now and I go 1 of 2 ways, either eat everything in sight or don't eat barely anything- this time through it was the barely anything road (not necessarily by choice)-

So another week and another try

I'm with you here - that's exactly what I do too. I had the same issue last week - had a very stressful day/night and couldn't eat hardly anything. Was shaky the next day so of course grabbed something quick on my way to work and then slowly over the next two days picked up eating again and it wasn't the healthiest of foods. I see this is a pattern. I'm trying to work on getting rid of the stress - but that's not always so easy - lol. So I'm trying to deal with the stress better. I don't lose though - lol. I'm off of my zig zag days because of it now. We are going on a float trip this weekend so I think I'm just going to eat clean and light all this week, do my exercise and then just go enjoy myself on the float trip and get back on program when I get back.
  • SnowbiKnobi
    Options
    This is for all my thyroid pals that still haven't been treated properly or have been told they are in good ranges and still have symptoms, anyone whose wondering why they cant lose weight or gain it back as soon as their done their diet. This is by far the most informative and up to date info on weight and thyroid disorders. http://nahypothyroidism.org/is-your-thyroid-making-you-fat-with-mary-shomon-and-kent-holtorf-md/