Finally a loss!

aj_31
aj_31 Posts: 994 Member
Okay so I started eating 1900 cals when I got back from vacation on May 17th. I was at 168 then and jumped up to 173. I don't know if that was from my vacation, bloat, not being able to go #2, water retention, TOM, or my body not used to eating more. Anyways - I was getting pretty down and feeling pretty blue until I stepped on the scale this weekend and was down 2.6 lbs! I hope that the trend continues and that I keep going down but only time will tell. I love eating more and I feel like this is a lifestyle I can manage so I'm hoping that in the end I will continue to lose while lifting or at least lose in inches.

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    WAAAHOOOOO!!!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Good job!
  • sugarplumj
    sugarplumj Posts: 107 Member
    That's fantastic! Do you mind mentioning what your caloric intake was prior to May 17th?

You are a fine example of having to wait it out a bit and letting your body adjust. I look forward to hearing more progress updates!
  • aj_31
    Well before May 17th I was all over the board. About 3 wks prior to May 11th I was trying those Body By Vi shakes 2x a day. I was hoping to lose a fast 10 lbs before vacation because we know people who sell them and they were hounding us to try it. I figured well fine I'll try it as a 'quick' fix before vacation. I lasted maybe 2wks on them. I was trying to net at least 1200 cals but with my lifting and cardio I was maybe netting 600-800 a day. Not healthy. I got really crabby on it - worse than PMS. I didn't like not eating my food so I stopped. The week before vacation I think I probably had between 1500-1700 cals but then again I was working out some. I usually average between 300-600 a day. I didn't track during vacation. We were at an all-inclusing in Mexico so I ate and drank whatever I wanted when I wanted. May 17th I was back home and started at 1900 a day. I still don't eat back my workout calories unless I go below my BMR which is around 1530.

Tomorrow I go and get a bod pod test done. You can google it but you sit in this egg like machine and they test your and find out how much body fat you have and what your TDEE is and all of that. I'm excited to see how that compares to what I'm doing now.
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    How wonderful. I love reading these posts showing that this way of eating works :)
  • sugarplumj

Tomorrow I go and get a bod pod test done. You can google it but you sit in this egg like machine and they test your and find out how much body fat you have and what your TDEE is and all of that. I'm excited to see how that compares to what I'm doing now.

I am SO curious about the Bod Pod! I heard about it on fat2fitradio.com --who, btw, have a great podcast about EMTWL http://www.fat2fitradio.com/2009/12/fat-2-fit-83-eat-more-weight-less/
    I would love to hear your feedback. I looked into getting it done in NYC, but naturally it was between $150-300 and that is just not in the budget right now. Good luck!
  • aj_31

I am SO curious about the Bod Pod! I heard about it on fat2fitradio.com --who, btw, have a great podcast about EMTWL http://www.fat2fitradio.com/2009/12/fat-2-fit-83-eat-more-weight-less/
    I would love to hear your feedback. I looked into getting it done in NYC, but naturally it was between $150-300 and that is just not in the budget right now. Good luck!

I'll let you know how it goes. We are getting it done wat the University so it's a lot cheaper. With a party of 4 going we only have to pay $28 each.
  • sugarplumj

I'll let you know how it goes. We are getting it done wat the University so it's a lot cheaper. With a party of 4 going we only have to pay $28 each.

oooh, fantastic! aaaaand?
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Yaaaaaayy-that's fantstic :)

Love to read these posts!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    So great! Congrats!!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Good job!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    :drinker:
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Love it! Congrats!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Nice work!!!!