Bodymedia Fit and sleep - what does yours show?

listabit
listabit Posts: 28 Member
I got my BMF a couple weeks ago and am amazed at the sleep tracking results. It seems I don't sleep very well. The most sleep efficient I have been is 80%, and that was only once. I'm "laying down" plenty of hours 8-9, but only "sleeping" 6 or so. What do you all think about this measurement? How has yours looked? Anyone have a sleep efficiency over 80%?

I don't know how it measures sleep v. laying down. I always thought I was a good sleeper, but then again I do walk around feeling tired (ok, well, cranky is more like it.)

Thoughts?

Replies

• Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    I've had as low as 76% (and felt it the next day) and as high as 92% and felt great the next day. I find it to be quite accurate in regards to lay down and sleep if I pay attention to the clock and check it in the morning against what I do know. Nothing is perfectly accurate of course, but it's a pretty good indicator as far as I'm concerned!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    I too have very inefficient sleep - clocking up 8.5 hours of lying down and barely 5.5 of sleep.

I read up on how it tracks lying down compared to sleep and apparently it's to do with the heat conduction from your body, it changes when you are asleep (I can't remember for the life of me if it goes up or down!)

I have found it to be pretty accurate though, just take a look at the clock when you wake up in the night and compare to the BMF readout!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Mine is accurate...I toss and turn alot, I average about 6-6.5 hours of sleep.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Jip it tells me what I knew...Im not getting nearly enough sleep! Lol
    As a mom of 3 with the youngest only 15 months thats probably as expected. :laugh:
    I just frustrate myself cause even when she sleeps well, I dont....:grumble: I wake up (and I know I do) up to 10 times a night!
    Its amazing though, I love my bmf.
  • My BMF tells me I have sucky sleep habits. I wake up almost every single hour and seldom get better than 72% sleep efficiency. At least I now know why I get so tired around 10 am and need to nap for an hour or so.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    My husband has one of these...and he loves it. I am kinda of envious of him knowing how well he sleeps etc at night. My HRM can't do that!

He is averaging 92% to 99% sleep efficiency! Holy toledo! Is that awesome or what? It also tells him that he falls asleep within a minute of hitting the bed! :noway:

I wish I could do that ...but because he goes to sleep faster, I have to deal with the snoring :laugh: :laugh:
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    My husband has one of these...and he loves it. I am kinda of envious of him knowing how well he sleeps etc at night. My HRM can't do that!

He is averaging 92% to 99% sleep efficiency! Holy toledo! Is that awesome or what? It also tells him that he falls asleep within a minute of hitting the bed! :noway:

I wish I could do that ...but because he goes to sleep faster, I have to deal with the snoring :laugh: :laugh:

Bwahahaha! That is the story at my house too. I never beat my hubby to sleep, and then wake up to use the restroom a couple of times, and the snoring makes getting back to sleep so much harder! And dear hubby wonders why I'm so tired some mornings o.O