How long to reset (repost)

wa_tracy
wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
I posted this late last night...and I'm on the west coast...so I'm reposting now to see if any of you have thoughts for me

I keep reading all sorts of ideas around how long to reset. The thing is that I wasn't at a plateau when I decided to stop and do this reset. I just realized that eating only 1300 calories a day for 4 weeks was not good for my body....and I was doing this a year ago with MFP and gained it all back and then some... I'm wondering if this means that I don't necessarily need to do an 8 week reset since I wasn't at a plateau when I decided to do the reset.. After day 1 of eating my TDEE I'm struggling....I know it gets better...and this is change, but I'm thinking of doing the reset for a shorter amount of time, 4 weeks maybe, and then periodically throughout the time I'm doing a cut, take a break and eat TDEE. Maybe every 5lb loss since that's when my TDEE needs to be recalculated anyway. What are your thoughts? (I also posted this in the Metabolism Repair Mode group...but you all seem to have a lot more experience with this )

Replies

• Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    personally, if you want to be sure that you've started your cut on the right foot I'd just do the 8 weeks and be done with it instead of chancing that 4 weeks will be enough and finding that you may plateau very quickly. If you want to try 4 weeks and then drop into a deficit, you certainly can and see how that goes. Lots of ways can certainly work, but the full reset is just a sure fire way to get things started right in my opinion. :smile: