Monday, June 11th - Sunday, June 18th

Options
1235»

Replies

• trishDC
    trishDC Posts: 51
    Options
    Ok, I got new batteries for my scale and weighed myself. Sadly..I might have gained .4 lbs (but, I will see what tomorrow says when I'm at the end of week 1). I'm not sure how that's possible. So, I've either gained muscle, my scale was wrong from the get go...or I'm not losing weight. Anyhow, I'm going to do my best to not get discouraged and stay on track for cycle 1.

Today is going to be hard. I'm need to put a picnic together for the extended family to go wine tasting for Father's Day. My plan is not to drink and bring enough allowable food that I won't splurge on what I have for them. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Ok, I went to try on a series of fitted dresses that I've worn recently to events and noticed that they are definitely loose. So, something is happening for the positive - even if the scale isn't showing it. This is a great reason why I should do measurements. Anyhow, I'm so happy that I tried on the clothes before going out for the day with too many temptations :).
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ok, I got new batteries for my scale and weighed myself. Sadly..I might have gained .4 lbs (but, I will see what tomorrow says when I'm at the end of week 1). I'm not sure how that's possible. So, I've either gained muscle, my scale was wrong from the get go...or I'm not losing weight. Anyhow, I'm going to do my best to not get discouraged and stay on track for cycle 1.

Today is going to be hard. I'm need to put a picnic together for the extended family to go wine tasting for Father's Day. My plan is not to drink and bring enough allowable food that I won't splurge on what I have for them. Hope everyone else is doing well.
    Drink lots of water, and hopefully you'll see your # drop tomorrow. Also, one other thing to take into consideration is whether it's your TOM or not, as most women tend to retain water during that time, and drop it shortly after.
  • rayne78
    Options

Ok, I went to try on a series of fitted dresses that I've worn recently to events and noticed that they are definitely loose. So, something is happening for the positive - even if the scale isn't showing it. This is a great reason why I should do measurements. Anyhow, I'm so happy that I tried on the clothes before going out for the day with too many temptations :).

This is awesome news!! Good lukc with your day!
  • rayne78
    Options

What an awsome achievement! That's pretty much my weight loss goal so it is so encouraging that real people can do this and be successful!! I'm down 9 (3 from the start of 17DD) so every little bit is a bit closer to that goal. My ultimate goal isn't a number per se but specific clothes. I have a dress I want to fit into for my friend's wedding Aug 18 and a suit I want to wear back to work in November.

Any secrets? Did you follow 17DD to the letter?

Thanks! I am proud of myself, but at the same time, working at keeping motivated b/c I am only nearing half-way, so I still have a ways to go. Within another 15-20 lbs loss for me, is uncharted waters, as it will be lowest I have been in my adult life, so i have no idea what my goal weight or body feels like, so I may adjust when i get close! Good luck with your journey!

To answer your questions; no, I haven't followed the 17dd to the letter, I'd say I'm probably at 90%. I don't drink the lemon water (I just couldn't get into it, and I am really tight for time in the mornings), I usually only have 1 cup of green tea a day, sometimes 2. I have had 2 intentional cheat long-weekends away, which I gained 5ish pounds after both times, but went back to cycle 1 for a few days and lost it all within 3 or 4 days. I drink more diet drinks than he would probably suggest (sometimes 1 or 2 a day, sometimes none). I eat a cheese string or something similar on a daily basis, when I'm hungry, and my meals sometimes include 30g of cheese. When I am hungry and lazy,on occassion I have turned to Wendy's for their Apple Pecan Chicken Salads, ignoring the sugar and sodium, but it makes me sane sometimes when I'm feeling unprepared for a meal. I hope this helps, as you can see it hasn't been a perfect by the rules journey, but I think I've still been following the core essentials and feel great about my success so far!
  • Lesvel
    Lesvel Posts: 37 Member
    Options

What an awsome achievement! That's pretty much my weight loss goal so it is so encouraging that real people can do this and be successful!! I'm down 9 (3 from the start of 17DD) so every little bit is a bit closer to that goal. My ultimate goal isn't a number per se but specific clothes. I have a dress I want to fit into for my friend's wedding Aug 18 and a suit I want to wear back to work in November.

Thanks! I am proud of myself, but at the same time, working at keeping motivated b/c I am only nearing half-way, so I still have a ways to go. Within another 15-20 lbs loss for me, is uncharted waters, as it will be lowest I have been in my adult life, so i have no idea what my goal weight or body feels like, so I may adjust when i get close! Good luck with your journey!

To answer your questions; no, I haven't followed the 17dd to the letter, I'd say I'm probably at 90%. I don't drink the lemon water (I just couldn't get into it, and I am really tight for time in the mornings), I usually only have 1 cup of green tea a day, sometimes 2. I have had 2 intentional cheat long-weekends away, which I gained 5ish pounds after both times, but went back to cycle 1 for a few days and lost it all within 3 or 4 days. I drink more diet drinks than he would probably suggest (sometimes 1 or 2 a day, sometimes none). I eat a cheese string or something similar on a daily basis, when I'm hungry, and my meals sometimes include 30g of cheese. When I am hungry and lazy,on occassion I have turned to Wendy's for their Apple Pecan Chicken Salads, ignoring the sugar and sodium, but it makes me sane sometimes when I'm feeling unprepared for a meal. I hope this helps, as you can see it hasn't been a perfect by the rules journey, but I think I've still been following the core essentials and feel great about my success so far!

Thanks! I feel that I am about 90% with some days "perfect" some days one slight cheat and once a week a bit of a bigger cheat but then get back to it. This gives me hope that I can do this once and for all :-)
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Thanks! I feel that I am about 90% with some days "perfect" some days one slight cheat and once a week a bit of a bigger cheat but then get back to it. This gives me hope that I can do this once and for all :-)

It makes me feel better about some of the cheats I've had. Have to keep reminding myself I can't and won't be perfect just do the best I can most of the time.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Did anyone see this thread:

"You don't need to zig-zag or carb cycle or do the 17 day butt wash or the cabbage donkey stew diet."
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/635529-corn-used-my-man-parts-as-a-speedbag