Resting days

Options
Aprill42
Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
Soooo, I do my workouts Mon, Wed, Fri and I did nothing this weekend..I feel like I should be running my butt off, or doing some cardio. Although, I was freakin sore! So, On resting days, I am still able to do cardio correct?

What do you all do on your resting days?

Replies

• jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Most rest days, I just rest. Some days I will do some yoga or a long walk, but I try not to over do it because honestly lifting wears me out and I really need that rest day to recover.
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I usually only walk 3 miles on Saturdays. The other days I just rest, well as much as I can with a husband and 6 children! LOL.
  • Aprill42
    Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Awesome, sounds like what I will do. LoL I felt like I NEEDED to do more.
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like to go for a little walk on my rest days, and maybe do some yoga. For me, that's really just to get my muscles warm and to ward off some of the soreness. I couldn't imagine doing anything strenuous though.
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I play soccer on off days and have only one day a week where I do absolutely nothing.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I usually lift M-W-F too, and take a dance class on Wednesdays. I usually do some moderate cardio on T-Th too, and then usually rest completely on the weekends.

Sometimes if I have to shift my lifting schedule, I'll end up lifting on a Saturday or Sunday though, but not usually.