Calories on SB

Options
ambymcgee
ambymcgee Posts: 3 Member
How many calories do you other SBers shoot for? I thought you don't have to worry about calories, Just carbs and unhealthy fats. How long has everyone else been on SB? We should trade recipes. I've got some good ones if anyone is interested.

Amber

Replies

• Raveler
    Raveler Posts: 1
    Options
    I personally shoot for 1500-1600. I have a really hard time eating that much, though. Since most of the food I eat is low calorie, and my job doesn't allow me to snack when I'm hungry, I usually get 1200-1300 daily. I've been on SB since February- how long have you been on?
  • Selfmadepsyche
    Selfmadepsyche Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I never counted cals on SB. You don't have to, according to the book. If you're eating the ~5 cups of veggies per day recommended, you can have as much protein as you want, provided they are lean meats or low fat dairy products.

This blog has a lot of really awesome SB recipes for all phases: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/09/south-beach-diet-information-posts-on.html
  • daria64
    daria64 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I just joined this group! This is my second attempt at the SBD. I'm currently on Phase 1 -- which I'm hoping to end this Saturday. If I reach my "checkpoint", I told myself I'll make the move to Phase 2. I've been on Phase 1 for a week and a half so far.

I lost 7lbs my first week. If I can lose even 1/2 of that my second week, I'll be within 5lbs of my goal so I'm really hoping things work out.

My first time on SBD, I lost a total of 25lbs before I "lost my way" I gained about 15lb of those back after about 7yrs.

I don't ever count calories on SB -- I just eat until I'm full, however, at the end of my day, my diary tells me I've eaten too few calories. I often end between 700 - 1000 with diet and exercise ...
  • nataleestu
    Options
    I usually end up with about 1100 calories consumed in a day because so much of it is low calorie foods anyway. The diary keeps yelling at me, too. I don't know if that's too few, and I'm also looking for some information about that. I only have about 5 pound to lose...we'll see. My main concern in maintenance.
  • leeann0517
    leeann0517 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I usually end up with about 1100 calories consumed in a day because so much of it is low calorie foods anyway. The diary keeps yelling at me, too. I don't know if that's too few, and I'm also looking for some information about that. I only have about 5 pound to lose...we'll see. My main concern in maintenance.

yes, that's way too low. You should go to fat2fit radio and calculate your BMR. You should never eat below that number. If you continue to eat that low calorie number, your metabolism will slow down.