Weekly Challenge: June 11-17

Options
Last Week's Challenge

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- *NEW* "Variety is the Spice of Life" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC June) This month's challenge is to add new exercises to your repertoire. Is there something you have always wanted to try? Rock climbing, Zumba, Cycling, Yoga, Boxing? Maybe you finally want to tackle that rowing machine? Each week if you try one new activity you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list. (Note: You can also claim any activity you haven't done in over a year for this challenge.)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

Results

Fitness Elites:
★ Paul ✓
Jill
★ Carrie ✓

Fitness Buffs:
★ Sonya ✓
Ellie
★ Debbie

Milestones!
This week I wanted to give a special shout out to our most consistent players. Paul, Carrie, & Debbie through nine weeks of challenges you haven't missed single week! **Round of applause!**

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- *NEW* "Variety is the Spice of Life" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC June) This month's challenge is to add new exercises to your repertoire. Is there something you have always wanted to try? Rock climbing, Zumba, Cycling, Yoga, Boxing? Maybe you finally want to tackle that rowing machine? Each week if you try one new activity you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list. (Note: You can also claim any activity you haven't done in over a year for this challenge.)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

To report in at the end of the week, please fill out this little "form." Thanks!!

Exercise Minutes:
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was)
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5)
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Sonya - 280 days
    Ellie - 140 days
    Kelli - 140 days
    Debbie - 120 days
    Carrie - 100 days
    Paul - 80 days
    Susan- 75 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Thank you Sara for your dedication to our challenges!!! You are awesome!!

My personal goal this week is to burn 3500 calories.
    My spice of life goal is to do something water related and fun with my toddler like a water fight or slip and slide (weather permitting)
    I am also trying for the big dog daddy this week again :) made it all but 1 week so far of this challenge series :)

Have a great week everyone. I am off for a nice bike ride to burn the steam from the day and extra stress calories I picked up at dinner :sad:
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm in for Buff.

I'm having a really tough time with PMS this week, so my personal goal will be to NOT eat EVERYTHING in the pantry :laugh:

Just kidding, my real personal goal will be to hit 30% protein 3/7 days. I seem to hover around 27%.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    And a round of applause back to Sara for all her efforts to keep us moving and burning those pesky calories.
    In general i think my week was solid although there was nothing there that was very challenging so this week it's time to do some pushing. I'm going to aim for 650 minutes and a calories/minute burn of 8. For my variety is the spice of life I'm going to try and fit in a walk and get my training for the 3 peaks challenge off and running. Have bought a book full of walks and cycle rides in my area. The plan is to try a new one each week. Will be very tricky what with a wedding to plan and a fiance to lavish with attension but that's what pushing yourself is all about.

Best of luck gang, lets keep it up :smile:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Probably going for the buff range this week.

I will make going swimming my spice of life, haven't been since last summer and I've been saying I would go for weeks now and haven't!

Personal goal....find a healthy new recipe to try on my new grill pan. I love to cook but I've always lived in apartments so I don't grill! Hopefully I won't set off the smoke alarm, lol!
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    Personal goal....find a healthy new recipe to try on my new grill pan. I love to cook but I've always lived in apartments so I don't grill! Hopefully I won't set off the smoke alarm, lol!

We should talk! What do you like to eat?
  • ellie78
    Options
    er, everything? :smile: no, I was thinking of trying fish of some sort. I don't eat much fresh fish since most of the recipes call for grilling.
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    er, everything? :smile: no, I was thinking of trying fish of some sort. I don't eat much fresh fish since most of the recipes call for grilling.

Hmm, oh i know a really good baked Fish recipe. I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was a hit and I've cranked out a few more since. I do tend to fiddle with recipes though and experiment with herbs and usually just drench the finished article in lime juice.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4729/trout-with-crisp-bacon-crust

This one I cooked firstly with lemon and then lime. I prefer the lime to be honest but it's a personal taste thing with me.
  • ellie78
    Options
    thanks, I will check it out!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Goal for the week: Buff, Get in all my tri training and strength training again.
    New activity....Hmmmm, Not sure if I'll fit anything different in....maybe dancing. :)
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    I am only at 70 minutes for week so far :(

I bought a bike and hadn't owned one or rode one since I was like 16! So, I can add new activity to my week! I rode my bike for 30 minutes on Tuesday to start off! It was hard, but it was nice to ride again! :)
  • sonyachan
    Options

I bought a bike and hadn't owned one or rode one since I was like 16! So, I can add new activity to my week! I rode my bike for 30 minutes on Tuesday to start off! It was hard, but it was nice to ride again! :)

I got a bike too! I've been looking for a used one and finally found a decent deal. Gonna have it tuned up then I'm ready to go! :)
  • ellie78
    Options
    Oh, how are you liking your bikes? I've been thinking about picking one up as well. I live in one of those areas where most things are so close it seems silly to drive but just a bit too far to walk to. I was thinking about going with a cruiser since its not really my intent to use it specifically for exercise. I haven't owned a bike since I was about 10 and I haven't ridden one in a good ten years!

Okay, so for the week. My official exercise tally is 295 minutes, but I did also do five hours of serious cleaning this weekend. I don't personally log cleaning as exercise but I know I burned some serious calories! I did not make it to the pool unfortunately due to all the cleaning so fail on that front but I am using my grill pan to make grilled portabellos stuffed with tomatoes and mozzarella so at least I hit one goal.

Alright, its 95 degrees and I've just got home from two and a half hours of cleaning in a place with no air or fans. I'm having a beer.
  • sonyachan
    Options
    Oh, how are you liking your bikes? I've been thinking about picking one up as well. I live in one of those areas where most things are so close it seems silly to drive but just a bit too far to walk to. I was thinking about going with a cruiser since its not really my intent to use it specifically for exercise. I haven't owned a bike since I was about 10 and I haven't ridden one in a good ten years!
    A cruiser sounds perfect for you. I know how you feel, I hadn't ridden in about 10+ years. I feel a little wobbly still, so I'm going to work up to road riding. I think it's going to go well, though. I always loved riding my bike as a kid. Hopefully I will enjoy it as an adult too.
  • sonyachan
    Options
    Goal for the week: Buff, Get in all my tri training and strength training again.
    New activity....Hmmmm, Not sure if I'll fit anything different in....maybe dancing. :)

Got 235 minutes this week. So Buff it is. Had to rest one day but got two workouts in on another day, so got it all in this week.
    New activity ended up being riding my new bike! Though I didn't really take it for a real ride yet. Gotta get it tuned up.
    Got in my water.
    Signed in for 285 days. :)
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    OK here are my tallies for this week:
    I am proud to say I met ALL my goals I set for myself this week!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Days Logged: 105
    Minutes Exercised: 389
    Personal Goal: YES: burned 4036 calories goal was 3500
    Spice of Life: YES: took my son to a water park on Saturday
    Water: YES: drank 8+ glasses every day

Have a great day everyone!
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 105 minutes (this week sucked horribly for exercise due to working late for Father;s Day during week)
    Personal Goal:
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): yes, I rode my new bike! Haven't rode one since I was like 16!
    Days logged in: 58 days
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 618 minutes for 5585 calories at an average of 9 calories/minute
    Personal Goal: Sadly not I didn't manage my target of 650 minutes but i did manage to go higher than an average of 8 calories/minute. I managed half my personal goal.
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): No. My goal was to start training for 3 peaks.
    Days logged in: 95
    Water: yes

I'm pretty pleased with this week. Not as many minutes but a good number of calories burnt. My plans for this weekend went horribly wrong. In a nice way as it turns out as we had company. But yes it was a little frustrating. So this week I'm going for 650 minutes and an 8 calorie/minute average again. For my variety is the spice of life i'm going for a 3 hour plus endurance training session.

Seeing some big numbers from everyone this week. Lets keep it up :smile:
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 420 minutes because I counted shampooing the carpets :tongue:
    Personal Goal: Not even close to getting my protein macro!
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): yes - did the elliptical when the treadmills were busy on a rainy day AND went bowling
    Days logged in: 125
    Water: yes