Newbie -- hi all!

Options
TinaBaily
TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
Hi everyone! I'm 45, a mother of 5, although my "baby" is 14 now, and been battling my excess weight all my adult life. I noticed after I hit 40 that any new pounds went on my belly ABOVE my belly button! Horrors!! I'm showing signs of peri-menopause, and my doctor confirms that based on the signs. I have, oh, I honestly don't know how many pounds to lose, as I really want to go by how I look. I have not seen my body in non-fat condition since high school, so I can only guess I will need to weigh a slight bit more than I did back then.

I've been on MFP since April, and been actively trying to lose weight since the end of April. I've lost 12 lbs now, and wearing a pair of pants I haven't been able to wear all school year. (I work at an elementary school as a teacher's aide, so I'm off work for the summer and able to really dedicate some time to ME right now) I'm taking the weight loss in "small bites" and rewarding myself when I get to certain goals. I will hit my first one in 5lbs! I'm getting a new purse at that point! :-)

You may call me Tina. I look foward to being a part of this group and maybe learning something about what is happening to our bodies at this point in our lives.

Replies

• rolloffat
    rolloffat Posts: 17
    Options
    HI
    looks like you are on right track :) Well done with weight loss nice when you can fit back into something, I got pair trousers I am using as a incentive to lose, almost there just few inches!!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. I like your idea of the pair of trousers for your incentive to lose weight. I figure that no matter what the incentive is, if it works, then that's great! I have been on this rollercoaster so long that I have too many smaller sizes of them to use as incentive, which is why I'm doing the smaller rewards for myself.

I saw your friend request and accepted. We can help encourage each other in our endeavor to find our healthy selves!