Will this work without working out?

DaysFlyBy
DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
Am I understanding this correctly: if I eat my cut value (TDEE -15%) every day I should slowly lose weight whether I work out or not?? Because I'm super tired tonight and would like to go to bed early but won't if I need to work my way back down to BMR to keep things trending in the right direction.

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Yes, but important to choose your correct activity level. If you don't feel like working out tonight, just adjust your exercise throughout the week to meet your exercise goal.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Yup, as long as your activity level is set right.. It shouldnt have any effect on the odd day or two that you change things around, but if you are saying you are working out moderately (3-5hours a week) and in fact you are now lightly active (1-3 hours) then you could be eating too much. As long as your average week is still keeping you in the right active category, you are fine:)
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    I just went with 'moderate' because I never actually add up my time spent working out. I just added up last week though (Mon-Sun) and I had roughly 12 hours of logged cardio. And it felt like a slack week which makes me wonder what my ”good” weeks look like. Gawd I might be waaaaay off here... :(