Up 9lbs in 6 weeks need support

StephieWillcox
StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
Just as the title says, I switched from years of VLCD and binges to eating TDEE - 500 cals ish (I have a BMF so I figure my TDEE is fairly accurate)

I weighed myself about a week ago an I was up 7lbs, which was really discouraging but I figured it was water retention/ muscle soreness etc.

However since then I haven't worked out as I wanted to give my body a rest, and now I am up another 2lbs.

I'm worried and my first thought is to cut calories. Can someone please help me not do this?!?!?

Replies

• StephieWillcox
    CRISIS AVERTED.

I just went and weighed myself again and I was only up 5.2lbs, STUPID SCALES

I guess a 4lb switch in a few hours means I really mustn't let the scale get to me!!!!!!!

(or I was wearing heavy clothes!)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

((((HUGS))))
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Scales are such nasty things. My kids found mine a couple weeks ago, it's not digital, and my son moved the little manual dial at the base. When I went to weigh myself again I didn't check and I had gone up 30 pounds.....

(I keep it hdden under my bed. My kids broke the last one by jumping on it to make the needle move)

We had a nice long chat about why they need to stay out of mommies room.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Those scales can be evil!
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    CRISIS AVERTED.

I just went and weighed myself again and I was only up 5.2lbs, STUPID SCALES

I guess a 4lb switch in a few hours means I really mustn't let the scale get to me!!!!!!!

(or I was wearing heavy clothes!)

Hehehe... I agree STUPID SCALE!!
    HIDE IT!! Let someone hide if for you!! For the next 4 weeks JUST use measurements and your clothes to tell you whats happening!
    :flowerforyou:
  • KarinFit4Life
    Scales are such nasty things. My kids found mine a couple weeks ago, it's not digital, and my son moved the little manual dial at the base. When I went to weigh myself again I didn't check and I had gone up 30 pounds.....

(I keep it hdden under my bed. My kids broke the last one by jumping on it to make the needle move)

LOL!!! I would have had a mini heart attack!! :laugh:
  • StephieWillcox
    The scale was hidden... I found it.... Oopsie.

I was doing really well with not weighing, I went about 3 weeks. And then once I gave in and weighed I had the uncomfortable urge to weigh ALL THE TIME. Ugh.

I must get hubby to hide the scale better.

Thanks for you nice comments all, apologies for my minor (major?) freak out!!!
  • StephieWillcox

LOL!!! I would have had a mini heart attack!! :laugh:

AGREED. oh my goodness, I think I would have just reached for the ice cream and cried
  • KarinFit4Life
    The scale was hidden... I found it.... Oopsie.

I was doing really well with not weighing, I went about 3 weeks. And then once I gave in and weighed I had the uncomfortable urge to weigh ALL THE TIME. Ugh.

I must get hubby to hide the scale better.

Thanks for you nice comments all, apologies for my minor (major?) freak out!!!

LOL! You sneak! :laugh:
    Let him take it hostage out of the house for 4 weeks...hehe. If you can handle that.
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    there have been a few times in "no scale june" where i would have destroyed the house looking for the scale, but i just dont have that option. while my mom was visiting one day i sent the scale off with her. its probably sitting in a closet somewhere thinking what it did wrong....or plotting to destroy someone else's delicate self esteem.
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    I'm up that much too. 9lbs it is! But does that bother me now no not anymore.. looking forward to do the cut when my body is ready on July 3rd. Then that way I'll be losing fat healthy!!! let's do it!