30's Daily - 6/12

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)

Replies

• PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi folks, hope everyone's ok. You find me in a state or livid anger today. I was all set to go and see Pearl Jam next week but I'm not not allowed to go by my *kitten* of a boss. He was fine about me going before as i had sorted out plenty of cover for the evening. But in an act that's not at all unusual for him he's changed his mind. And now i have to miss out because he's going on holiday. I'm also looking at the possibility of missing out on 3 concerts next month for the same reason. September 2013 can't come soon enough for me when i leave the wretched hellhole and go with my soon to be wife to her homeland in Australia. Every one of these events helps me see how much better my life will be.

But in fitness news i have the date for my 3 peak challenge attempt. I'll be taking my life in my hands on the 1st of September which gives me plenty of time to train. Meeting with my trainer tonight to go through some ideas and come up with a plan of some sort. Off to the gym later to get my strength training for the week underway. I'm a day late so i'm itching to get some weights lifted :wink:
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Paul - that sucks that your boss is being a jerk! For the walk, I guess you kind of train like a marathon, with progressively longer walks each week?

As for me, still plugging along. Last night I had my hubby get out the calipers to measure my BF%. I need to do some calculations tonight but at first glance it does look like my % have gone down since Feb :bigsmile:
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ugh, Paul, that sucks about your boss!

I'm still hanging in there with my fitness, but last night I snacked a bit too much after a stressful visit with my vet. My 5-yr-old mini schnauzer has to get a biopsy done tomorrow because he might have canine lupus. I didn't even realize such a thing existed! I love my furbaby like crazy. The idea of him going through something like that just freaks me out.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Paul - your boss sounds like a tool, sorry it's looking like you have to miss out on concerts.
    Sarah - hope your doggie is OK! I would be a mess if my cat was sick (something I always worry about because she HATES the vet...makes it hard to get good checkups)

So far I guess I've had a moderately productive day.... Got a few more bare spots in my garden filled in. My tomato plants are getting big and starting to flower, and butternut squash plants are growing like crazy (they should start flowering soon, too). Sadly, the zucchini plants were some of the ones I had to start over from seed, so they're a little far behind, but hopefully they'll also grow fast and start flowering soon. I'll be away on vacay next week, so, with any luck, I'll return to some fresh strawberries and tomatoes, with squash and peppers getting close to ready, too. I :heart: my garden :bigsmile:

Also, I washed my car...Still need to put on a coat of wax, vacuum the interior, and treat the leather, but it is really warm on my blacktop driveway, so that stuff can all wait until later.

In the meantime, I get to pester the new chair of the biology department where I teach. I'm teaching a cell biology class & labs in the fall that I've never taught before, and she was supposed to get books for me (before the end of May!), but she didn't, and now she isn't even responding to my emails :grumble: