help with hitting macros

bethad5
bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
So day 1 of eating at reset and I was over my carbs by 39 and waaaaay under on fat and protein! I just had 'overnight oats' with granola cereal on top for breakfast and it was 98 carbs!! Anyone have any advice on how to get carbs under control but increase protein and fat?

Replies

• rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    So day 1 of eating at reset and I was over my carbs by 39 and waaaaay under on fat and protein! I just had 'overnight oats' with granola cereal on top for breakfast and it was 98 carbs!! Anyone have any advice on how to get carbs under control but increase protein and fat?

Are you a vegetarian or do you eat meat? The reason I ask is because that would change some of our recommendations.

But either way there are some really good protein powders out there and add a couple of teaspoons or a tablespoon of olive oil to smoothies. Also avocados and nuts.
  • bethad5
    bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
    I'm not a vegetarian but just not a very big meat eater. Sometimes I eat grilled chicken, but we hardly ever have red meat or anything in the house. Even today... already over on carbs (& haven't eaten dinner yet), and way under on both protein and fats. Blah!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    I'm not a vegetarian but just not a very big meat eater. Sometimes I eat grilled chicken, but we hardly ever have red meat or anything in the house. Even today... already over on carbs (& haven't eaten dinner yet), and way under on both protein and fats. Blah!

Full fat cheeses, full fat greek yogurt (also a good protein source), full fat cottage cheese. Eggs are a good protein and fat source.

Now don't stress on hitting your macros exactly!!! Just do the best that you can do!! If you want to take a look at my diary for some options it's open for all to see. When I have time I will post more.