Stumped on cardio days w/ NROLFW!

Options
MrsKosal
MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
I'm used to doing my cardio classes twice a week, but they incorporate a lot of what I do with NROLFW and I don't want to do extra strength in addition to the program, as directed by Lou Schuler.

I hate doing monotonous cardio, like the elliptical, treadmill, etc.

Maybe I could start doing my Turbo Jam again? Or maybe some of the P90X cardio workouts? Any suggestions from other NROL people?

Replies

• Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just tried Insanity yesterday. I was sore after... great cardio!!!!
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    I've done Insanity before, but sold the dvd's.
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    HIIT is awesome.. turbo jam's fat blaster is good HIIT kind.. I also like Turbo Fire's hiit 25 & 30 as well as chalean extreme's burn intervals, get-lean intervals or extreme intervals.. they are quick and fast. I realy like doing them.. I also like les mills pump's 30 minute4s intense cardio.. I'm tryin gto do 30 mins of intense cardio for a good cardio (which they recommend instead of long hours of cardio).
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I do C25K on the days in between.
    I agree with Ms. D... long cardio sessions are not recommended, stick to something thats 30-40min long.
    I know that Insanity is GRUELING! Alisi - you have lots of guts! Haha.
    Its too much for me to be honest, too long. It doesnt feel like I have the energy and strength for my NROL then.
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    I definitely prefer to not to the huge burners like Insanity, because I am working on building muscle. I thought about doing C25K too since I am doing 2 5k's this summer and I am not a good runner at all.
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    I actually have the fat blaster Turbo Jam workout too. I might have to break it out. I think I still have it. May have sold it in my garage sale though.
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    there is a cardio kickboxing work out on my fios on demand that really gets me going :)
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Bodyrock routines are really short - generally 12-15 minutes. Mixes cardio moves like high knees and burpees with squats, pushups, etc.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    In regards to P90X, KenpoX is a fun cardio workout. (basically a form of kickboxing). CardioX is good for a mixture of all kinds of stuff such as Yoga, kickboxing, plyo, core and is good if you just want a good mix of things but I'd say it's kind of a 'lighter' cardio option. Plyometrics is a high burn muscle endurance jump training cardio session if you really want to kick it up a notch and again, is not boring...lol.

I really enjoy the P90X cardio options, but kenpoX is my fav.... :smile:

Oh, and I do Turbo Jam when it's raining and I just need a quick burn....but if you find it a bit light, put some wrist weights on to kick up the burn and really give 'er! That's what I do, and it works great.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Bodyrock routines are really short - generally 12-15 minutes. Mixes cardio moves like high knees and burpees with squats, pushups, etc.

Burpees!!! aaaack! good thing it's only 12-15 min! LOL (yeah...I hate burpees....:tongue: )
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    For some reason I am just in love with Insanity lol. It really brings me to my limits, which I like.
    But I reduced it quite a bit and do more lifting now.