Making adjustments

Danielle_2013
Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
Have you had to adjust your calories, fitness level or diet doing "eat more, weigh less"?

Okay.. I've bought into the concept and have been doing this for nearly 2 months. While the scale is slowly, very slowly trending downwards, it is extremely slow and frustrating. Sometimes nonexistent.

If I was 20 pounds away from my goal, I'd get it. But I'm 267 and have LOTS of weight to shed. Thought it would go a little faster to be honest! I actually expected to be losing about 1-2 pounds a week. Unrealistic?

Any suggestions? Should I go to a 20% cut? Or?

My BMI is 1967, TDEE 2705 and daily calories for 15% cut are 2300. I chose 1-3 hours a week of light exercise in the calculator. Perhaps this is too low?
I am noticing increased strength from doing weights, but feel almost like I'm getting bigger as the fat on top of the muscle doesn't seem to be going away. I go to the gym about 3-4 times a week and do about 30 minutes of cardio and then weights. Other days I walk and keep active, but with a desk job I didn't think it was all that much.

Any advice is definitely appreciated - and/or stories of how you've had to make adjustments with this.