super thirsty

wa_tracy
wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
I'm on day 3 of my reset, eating at TDEE...getting better at getting closer to my macros (still struggle with too many carbs and not enough protein), but I've noticed I've been ravenously thirsty. Not that it's a bad thing that I'm drinking over my 8 cups of water a day (yesterday was like 12), but just wonder if this is something anyone else has experience when you up your calories? Usually it's a struggle to get me to drink so much water, but now I crave it. Not a bad craving to have I suppose :wink:

Replies

• bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    hmm, i can't speak for if it has anything to do with your starting to eat more BUT i notice that when i commit to drinking my 8-12 cups a day i am so so so so thirsty. like my body starts to rely on constant hydration hahaha
  • irunsf85
    irunsf85 Posts: 74 Member
    Is your sodium intake increasing along with the calories? Excess sodium will cause thirst
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    I need my water now. I can't believe I used to go around so dehydrated. Went one day without drinking anything until about 3pm and paid heavily with one of the nastiest headaches I have ever had short of a full blown migraine (had one of those too once upon a time and am pretty sure it was because of dehydration). I make sure to drink all my water now, every day!
  • hollydohrman
    hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
    I was just stilling here at my computer wondering if I should post something about how thristy I've been lately. I've been watching my sodium intake and try hard to stay close to the 2500 mark. I drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day and sometimes more because I'm so thirsty. I'm just glad I'm not the only one.