how much cardio?

kiku76
kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
I am in the 7th week of C25K, so already to the point where I'm doing straight runs. I was running M,W,F but this and last week, I wasnt able to go on Mondays, and it seems like it's going to be a trend. DH is only off Sun and Mon and with so much to do those days, it's sometimes hard to get time for myself until later in the evening, and by then it's dark and not very safe around here.

So, how much cardio do I need? The last 2 weeks, I have been eating about 1900 calories and I upped my protein and cut out grains (not carbs, I still eat a ton of fruit). without that 3rd day of cardio, I lost weight.
I do a full-body routine using dumbbells 3x week.

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Cardio is generally up to the person. 2-3 days of cardio on top of a good weight lifting routine is plenty in my book.
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    IDK why I kept thinking I needed cardio at least 3 times a week.

I guess I'm not going to stress if I can't make my run on Mondays. I still 2x a week and lift 3x if I skip Monday
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Bump!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Really depends on what your goals are. I weight train 3-5 times per week but i am working towards a 12km run in september so currently do a lot of cardio (approx 6 hours per week) but this is because i am working on endurance...prior to this i was just running twice a week and jumping on the cross trainer as a warm up to my weight sessions :)