How many of you skipped Stage 6?

Options
amsparky
amsparky Posts: 825 Member
And if you did do it, can you now do (or almost do) pull ups?

I really, really want to be able to do them and am doing the program for strength so I am planning to do it, but I'm curious what the veterans think. :)

Replies

• FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been skipping it for two years now :) I injured my rotator cuff a few years back trying to do a pull up and really have no interest in repeating that. I do not feel stage 6 is in any way essential to the NROL4W experience... but it's there if you want it!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    It's been few months since I finished the program and I did stage 6-I really, really wanted to do chin ups/pull ups. When I started the program I wasn't able to pull myself even an inch. After stage 6 I was able to do 3 chin ups and 1 pull up. Now some days I can do 4 chin ups and some days I can do 5. I hope to get to 10 one day. :)

If you want to do chin ups/pull ups, you should do stage 6.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Skipped it. I was starting a cut cycle so it was more appropriate to do stage 7
  • amsparky
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Yanika, for your cut are you just cutting cals or do you change your workout too?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    I'm in Stage 6, right now....I'm VERY excited to have reached this stage, because pull-ups/chin-ups/push-ups are all GOALS that I wanted to reach as a result of NROL4W. I'm gonna do it!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I am going to skip it because I want to finish faster. I miss doing squats and such like in Stage 1, so I'm moving to Stronglifts as soon as I'm done.
  • amsparky
    Options
    Amanda I am right there with you! I started subbing squats for the front squat push press, as I pulled some ligaments doing that one... I'm trying to be patient, but I'm psyched to get to Stronglifts.

Beeps - you can do it!!! :)