Not feeling challenged at stage one

Options
jbella99
jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
Okay so I did workout B #2 yesterday and when I was finished the 5 exercises I did not feel challenged at all. I mean sure I lifted heavy enough to just get that last rep but it took me about 20 minutes. I am used to doing splits working two muscle groups a day 5 days a week with heavier weights and feeling a little sore the next day. This exercise prgram except for maybe the lunges seems too easy. Should i have started with more sets or is this normal??

Replies

• jbella99
    Options
    I guess I'm the only one
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how you don't feel challenged if you were lifting as heavy as you could. I think that in itself is a challenge.

Give it a chance.. you are only on workout B2.

If you have a history of lifting heavy already before starting this, sure it might seem a little easy at first because you are already used to this kind of thing..
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Stage 1 is for getting comfortable with the moves if you haven't lifted before. You can always do couple more of stage 1 workouts and move on to stage 2. If you have lifted before you know all about squats, DLs and the rest.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Stage 1 is for getting comfortable with the moves if you haven't lifted before. You can always do couple more of stage 1 workouts and move on to stage 2. If you have lifted before you know all about squats, DLs and the rest.

^^^^This, or you could jump right in to workouts 5-8 to increase your sets.
  • jbella99
    Options
    i will stick it out and see. did some hiit today on my "rest day"
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Have you modified any of the exercises to be more challenging, besides adding more weight? If lunges are too easy, try doing walking lunges, or lunges off a step. I don't know if you read the NROL4W book page to page (I didn't, haha) but it gives increasingly challenging variations for a number of the exercises.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I think the point of stage 1 is to gradually get females lifting heavy. If you already have that in your history, I don't think it would hurt anything to go on to stage 2.