Help before I go nuts pease :)

GoGoGadgetMum
GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
I posted this to my friends for help and they were great but thought I'd put it out there I case someone else isin the same boat

I'm trying to find my activity level...do you think I'm mod or active
39 yrs
146lb 5ft2
21%bf

Typical week all weights are 12 rep 4 sets

Twice a week -alternate with another set of diff weight group
20kg back squat
8kg kettle bell swing
15kg upright row with curl bar
Snatch squat 7kg
1 leg lunge off box
12kg kettle bell squat pull up
15kg bicep curl
15-20 mins hiit cardio

1 hr session with trainer mainly weights and hiit

2-3 hrs spin biking - this is to clear my head, mostly hiit but sometimes cruisy in front of tv

Typically I burn 600 cal per session

I use katch mcardle calc

@ moderate tdee is 2300
@ active 10% cut is 2300

I ate at 2000 for 4 week with loss in cm and fat but after a rest for a week at tdee back to cut I've been starving

Any ideas...... I'm seriously doing my head in but I think 2300 shd be ok????

Thanks heaps peeps :bigsmile:

Replies

• I think that definitely sounds like active to me... See what others think but if you are hungry I suspect that is your body confirming this too.
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    I second the active suggestion. I'm tired just looking at your workout list. I use a moderate modifier for myself and I do at most 30-45 minutes of exercise a day on top of a lightly active lifestyle, so yeah...
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Thirded. :)
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    Thanks everyone for your input 2300 it is then!!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Yep...be sure to hit protein macro of 30%.
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Hey which body fat calculator do you use?
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    Cheers guys, yip protein rocks! I've been using the accurate part of scooby to change to katch mcardle.....more numbers more choices for my OCD ...lol
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    sorry kiwimum i meant which body fat calculator do you use as in scales?
    measurements? If you go by measurements which one? Military or something different?
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    Duh me.... I see a trainer at my gym once a week. He does tape measurements and caliper fat testing once a month usually. The other methods were way off for me. For example last month my thigh measurement didn't go down but I lost 3.5mm in fat, which wouldn't show as a decrease if I was measuring in cms only.

He measures, tricep, subscapular( close to your shoulder blade), illiac crest( beside hip bone/muffin top)' abdomen( by belly button) widest part of thigh. Also calf & bicep but it's not calculated in equation.

Google Linear-software body fat and they have a calc that you can input numbers, age etc and it give you bf%.

Rach
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    active for sure