Exercise

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for shariing so much useful information here.

I recently plateaued after nearly 5 months of 1200 calories a day and 2 hours of exercise. I managed to lose 60 lbs. Anyhow, I am now working on this method and already feeling much better.

My question is when I get my daily calories by calculating my TDEE - 15%, how many calories can I burn with exercise? Can I continue my current level of burning approx 500 calories exercising?

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Hello!

What is your BMR?

Thanks,
  • vatblack
    vatblack Posts: 221 Member
    I'm going to take a stab at answering that, but don't believe me, I'm really testing to see if I understand it!

Say for exmaple, your TDEE - 15% = 2400 and your BMR = 2000, then you take 2400-2000= 400. So, when your exercise exceeds 400 calories you'll eat back the rest. Your 500 calorie workouts would then result in you eating a 100 calories extra.

Basically you have to make sure that you net your BMR each day.

Following posters, feel free to correct me. I'd love to see if I've got it right.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Thats about right but i would say that if you are consistently under your BMR and eating back calories then you will prob be on wrong activity level and need to go up to next one.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Hello!

What is your BMR?

Thanks,

My BMR is 1563
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    After exercise, you never want to net below BMR. The previous posters are correct! :)