So excited, weight off the shoulders!

Options
Natx83
Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
Well I resigned today, after 4 yrs with my company and 9 years in the industry I put my letter of notice in. Haven't heard for the GM yet, will be quite the phone call I think lol. I've had to keep it a secret as I have been planning on this trip and knew I was leaving for like 9 months now! It's been so hard to not just throw it in at times and give the game away haha.

You know what it's like when you know you are leaving, it's hard to care as much as you should. So it feel amazing to have to not keep this a secret now from Facebook because of co workers on my friends list. .

My 7 week trip just keeps getting better and better, lots of cool stuff planned with awesome people! I finish work on 20th of July the day before my 29th birthday, august 4th I'm the best man at a wedding turn fly out on the 6th to Chicago! Never been so excited in my life!

Replies

• gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Wow, that all sounds so exciting, and refreshing too! I hope you enjoy all of that. Sounds like quite the summer!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Well I resigned today, after 4 yrs with my company and 9 years in the industry I put my letter of notice in. Haven't heard for the GM yet, will be quite the phone call I think lol. I've had to keep it a secret as I have been planning on this trip and knew I was leaving for like 9 months now! It's been so hard to not just throw it in at times and give the game away haha.

You know what it's like when you know you are leaving, it's hard to care as much as you should. So it feel amazing to have to not keep this a secret now from Facebook because of co workers on my friends list. .

My 7 week trip just keeps getting better and better, lots of cool stuff planned with awesome people! I finish work on 20th of July the day before my 29th birthday, august 4th I'm the best man at a wedding turn fly out on the 6th to Chicago! Never been so excited in my life!

Congratulations! Sounds like you've got the right idea about how to live life to the fullest. Enjoy!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant Nugs. I did the same about 10 years ago and bummed around the Caribbean for a couple of months. Was fab!

Life is an adventure. Enjoy!

And dont forget to look us up in London! :bigsmile:

Wooooooo hooooooooooooooo!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile: :happy:
  • Natx83
    Options
    Yeah Anna for sure. I'm hanging out in London for a few days before a tour, get in lunch time on the 21st, have no solid plans until a couple of my contiki friends get in around lunch on the 23/24th. Don't know what your mid week schedules are like but maybe catch up around then?
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Really good stuff... You'll have tons of fun. :smile:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome! I am excited for you and a little jealous! :)
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    I love an adventure! How exciting.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Wow! Really?? What I wouldn't give at this point in my life to just pack up and go. #jealous.

Enjoy every moment!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    cool. My sister kind of did something like that. For the last year she has volunteerning for room and board around Europe. She worked in a bike shop in Scotland, watched a b&b in the south of France during the off season while the owners were on vacation, was a Nanny in England and worked on an organic farm in England as well.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Wow! Really?? What I wouldn't give at this point in my life to just pack up and go. #jealous.

Enjoy every moment!
    Well, you've got 9 months to organise it then... Why not?
  • Natx83
    Options
    Not traveling for too long, only about 7 weeks. But it's a jammed pack 7 weeks :)
  • Tarale1
    Tarale1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's awesome! Congrats and happy travelling.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Yeah Anna for sure. I'm hanging out in London for a few days before a tour, get in lunch time on the 21st, have no solid plans until a couple of my contiki friends get in around lunch on the 23/24th. Don't know what your mid week schedules are like but maybe catch up around then?

21st July Nat??

I've got a hen weekend that weekend. So when you say midweek you mean Monday 23rd July?? :bigsmile:
  • Natx83
    Options
    My birthday is the 21st of July but ill be in London in August :) sorry I didn't really specify that so well haha
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    My birthday is the 21st of July but ill be in London in August :) sorry I didn't really specify that so well haha

haha!! Ok. Weds 23rd August then :bigsmile: Will see if Florian and Kirstin are free too :bigsmile:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Have a great time !!!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I did some traveling like that years ago and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Congrats to you and enjoy the trip!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am super excited and envious of you! WTG and shoot enjoy life while you can! Enjoy your birthday too - make it one to remember :drinker:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Are you going to stop in NC at all?
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I lived in Germany for 3 years and LOVED traveling around Europe. And there hasn't been a day since I got back that I haven't missed it. ENJOY!!!!!!!