30's Daily - 6/13

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)

Replies

• shorty313
    Options
    So for the first time since getting serious about losing weight (Feb) I had DH check my body fat % with the calipers we have. I know we are not professionals, but according to our measurements I'm down 3.3% :bigsmile: I hope the next 3.3% goes a bit quicker! :)
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    That is fantastic! I never really know how to gage what is "normal" for losing body fat %, but I have to say that sounds pretty darn good to me.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I need to get mine checked again . . . curious how much (if any) it has gone down.
  • shorty313
    Options
    From what I've gathered in my reading, I think 1-2% BF loss per month is doable. I've really only been lifting for 6 weeks though, so I hope that will make the fat loss go faster. I'm shooting for 1%/month. Anything above that is a bonus :smile:
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    I bought myself a fancy set of scales that measure body fat. the numbers were jumping around all over the place. Was baffled but my trainer solved the mystery. They only work if you are well hydrated!

Hope everyone's having a good day. Work was pretty bareable today as a problem came up and i delt with it. Got to spend the morning rebulding some equipment which meant using my hands and being creative for once. Those kinds of days feel good as you know you've done something useful. No gym tonight for moi as i'm going to a comedy show. It's a British comic callled Andy Zaltzman. He's very dry and his humour is quite subtle. Check him out on youtube if you like. As a treat i'm going to wagamamas for some chilii squid and a bowl of ramen. Really nice filling tasty meal for about 550 calories. Will be finishing off my strength training this week on Thursday and Friday and then hopefully getting a long walk in over the weekend.
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Emily and I'm pretty new around here. I'm 34, live in CA, and have 3 sons. I am a teacher, so right now I'm on blessed summer vacation. Today I painted shelves for my middle son's room, took my 2 oldest for haircuts, and exercised my butt off since I got the munchies (fritos and onion dip). Tomorrow my husband is set to have gall bladder surgery, so I'm scared since it's his second attempt at it (his throat closed up when they tried to do it in Feb and the surgeon had to tell us that he almost died.) ANYHOW, I'm hanging out with my boys this afternoon while my husband is doing a last minute work thing before he's off duty for 2 weeks. I hope everyone had a good day!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Hi Emily, welcome to the group! Hope everything goes well with your husband's surgery tomorrow.