KETOSIS & WORKING OUT

Options
karrielynn80
karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
I run / jog on a somewhat daily basis. I just started a ketosis month on the 11th of June, and didn't run the first two days b/c I wanted to see how my body reacted and today I did a lil ab work out... and I'm good.

However, when I run - I do burn a lot of calories and I'm curious if I should eat some sort of good carb beforehand to prevent dizziness. I've noticed in the ams, I am a lil dizzy if I get up too soon or make a sudden movement, and I attribute that to the shift in my eating habits - it passes quickly.

I am well under my daily intake of carbs goal (being anywhere from 50-90/day) so I'm just looking for good choices ... any ideas?

Replies

• Naturechik
    Options
    Hi karrielynn, I'm new here but have been in ketosis before doing the aitkins induction. I just started again on March 24th and am down 6lbs. By no means am I an expert, however for some reason I want to say that one of the joys of ketosis is you don't need to exercise! Mind you exercise is always good and I myself am going to start incorporating it. I say really listen to your body. The problem with upping carbs is you may knock yourself out of ketosis, and while most assume you need lots of protein I find fat is even more important. Your question is indeed a good one and I look forward to hearing from other low careers who exercise and maintain ketosis. Good luck
  • Ash7303
    Ash7303 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been in keto since the beginning of April and managed to get to the gym just a couple times. I agree that I've easily become light headed when exerting some energy, so the workouts are few and far between rt now and not very strenuous. Once I get down to the weight I want to get to, I will phase in higher carb intake, get out of keto and hit the gym harder to get the muscle built back up. This keto thing has been my answer, the fat is just melting away and I'm enjoying the process, it has been very easy.