question about calories

MileyClimb
MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
how many calories am I to burn off when exersizing? today i ate a 500 calorie breakfast. so far burned 150 calories off doing my 2 mile walking. do I need to add another exersize to it? thanks for any help on this.

Replies

• MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    What is your current goal as far as calorie intake? Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE?
  • MileyClimb
    my current goal is 1,726 calories
    my tdee was 2031
    body fat 20%
    BMR 1,310
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    From what I understand you want to Net at or above you BMR. So your Net calories for the day should be right around your BMR if you chose the correct activity level. Hth!
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    Basically it doesn't matter from day to day if you burn a lot or a little, as long as you never net below your BMR and as long as you chose the correct activity level when figuring out your tdee.

For instance, my BMR is 1500, but I regularly net between 1700 - 2400 (I'm resetting so I eat 2600/day) If I was in a cut of 15%, then I'd net between 1500 (my bmr) and higher depending on my exercise that particular day.

When you figured out your tdee, it was for the week...not day by day, so you should be able to relax and just do whatever exercise plan you figured in when calculating your tdee for the week.

If you find that you are consistently netting BMR or lower and have to eat back cals, then it is likely that your activity level chosen is too low. Don't forget that if you only net BMR, you haven't left any 'extra' cals for daily things like making supper or grocery shopping. You don't need much above BMR when in a cut, but a little extra is beneficial 3 or 4 days out of the 7. Make sense?
  • MileyClimb
    thanks so much this helps me a lot